Searching for a digital camera and housing....Help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there someplace that describes the various other options for connecting a strobe to the PT-15 and/or highlights the advantages/disadvantages of each approach?

fins, this is the fiber optic connection kit for my Oly PT-010 housing. The piece that attaches to the housing itself varies in design depending on the housing brand/model. You specify which housing you have when you order the strobe so as to get the correct optic kit.

1. The fiber optic cable and end connectors
2 & 3. End that attaches to the flash diffuser on the housing.
4. The clear plastic threaded connection on the bottom of the strobe head for attaching the optic cable.
5. Optic cable threaded into the strobe head.
6. Small cardboard adhesive backed piece with a dark film section in center of it that adheres over the cameras flash. This suppresses the internal flash but still sends the now altered/infra red light to the strobe head.
Click on "my camera setup" below to see it completely installed.

opticparts.jpg

fins:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded to my questions.

I looked into the 5050 as many of you recommended and am I glad I posted here before making a purchase. After reading the specs and additional reviews of the 5050 and the pt-015 I went ahead and ordered both today.

I think I'll wait a few months before ordering the strobe. If I tried buying that now my wife would probably beat me over the head with it :shocked:

Anyway...thanks again for all your help

Awesome! I'm jealous.........................Let me know how you make out with that rig. From what I've seen so far some divers here on the board are getting some real high quality shots with these systems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom