Searching for Christian dive buddies -- Copy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

You are right..anyone is welcome.....
You are right again, however I am fotunate that I know where I am going so I have only one way to get there.....and willing to share the same road with others. God bless

Hi Bedmund,
I dive with anyone as long as they are safe divers..my intentions are to find out if there are scuba divers in the Christian community around here....we go to church on Sundays, we go to bible studies so why not to dive together as well. Actualy, I am more interested in diving with non-christians so they can see how cool to be a Christian. Enjoy diving, Laguna beach is dealing with Red Tide lately, FYI.

bedmund:
Maybe putting together a Christian dive club is something to think about after you've hooked up with and dove with other Christian divers, assuming you do. Good luck. :)

Hi everyone,
May be I should change my message after reviewing all the responses I've seen...and I'll pursue my search of Christian divers in local churches' web sites...they all have activities. I've never intended to offend anyone, simply wanted to see if there are any local divers who share the same believes as I do. I respect any belief as long as it's core principle is "GOOD"......

Okay, here is my new version of introductory message:
I'd love to hook up with some local divers in Orange County,CA for beach dives in the Laguna Beach/Crystal Cove area....and if anyone is visiting the area, please give me jingle, love to take you to some of the favorite spots.
Happy&safe diving....

Firebrand:
Welcome, good luck on your quest to find other Christian divers!

For everyone else, what would the response have been if he asked for Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Budhist, Catholic, Athiest, etc.?

Technically.. Catholic is a Christian.

Athiest.. is that a religion?

Anyways, it's not bad to form a club if you'd like. I'm sure there are plenty of Christian divers out there! But, non-Christian divers are good dive buddies too ...

moonie:
Anyways, it's not bad to form a club if you'd like. I'm sure there are plenty of Christian divers out there! But, non-Christian divers are good dive buddies too ...

That's true but if I'm diving with a non-Christian buddy and the rapture happens, he's solo. :wink:

What I was referring to was the dark ages when the Catholics and Protestants were fighting. Athiesm is not a religion, but it's a core belief none the less. The point I'm trying to make is where do people generally take offense to subject matter when it comes to religious preferences?

I won't take offense if someone comes on and says, "I'm looking for athiest dive buddies!" So why do non-Christians take offense to Christians asking for Christian dive buddies?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom