Searching for Christian dive buddies -- Copy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's cool, and I'm glad that you look at things that way, but you're missing the point of my post, which was a response to Spamsonite's belief that the Christian community was being singled out here exclusively, and used a group that the Christian community (as a whole) is biased against.

Godly_Diver:
Hey ReefGuy,
My best man in my wedding was one of my best friends for over a decade is gay, always a great friend but in his personal life his choice on sexual compenionship is different than mine, never bothered me and never will. If he scuba dives and posts a message asking for other gay divers joining him, well.... more power to him..as long as I don't loose him as a friend, I really don't care what he does in part of his personal time. It's all about respecting and loving one another unconditionaly....There is no hate in my heart towards anyone but I have anger to deal with sometimes, that's why I chose to be a Christian so I can learn to control that feeling more effectively.
Also on the flip side, there are a few people that I am affiliated with through work, other friends etc. who claim for being Christians, Jews, atheists....I avoid building any releationship with them as I don't agree and respect their approach to others, but also there are others with same belives who are my good friends as they are "good", loving, caring people.
There you have it, as long as anyone is a responsible, safe and positive minded diver..I'll be honored to explore the underwater world with them..hey, bring on some Christian believers to the party and that's the gravy.
Enjoy your weekend, I'll be in Catalina for a day of boat dives this Sunday, can't wait.

ReefGuy:
Christians aren't being martyred here, they just tend to be the group that screams the loudest when they perceive that they are being discriminated against.

Do me a favor and don't generalize. In fact.. it's the generalizations that get people into trouble.

As someone has already mentioned.. love and respect is key to most religions. Let's live that out, shall we?

ReefGuy:
Sorry, but you're wrong. Christians aren't singled out on this board.

As an example (with a group that Christians hate, even): Do a search for gay divers....

Hold up there ReefGuy. Not all Christians hate gays. Please don't generalize. Some do to be sure, but not all.

Again you guys are missing the point of my post, but, ok. MAYBE hate was a strong word, but MOSTLY gays and Christians are not typical bedfellows :). Better?

The whole point was that posts that begin like this get the same type of responses on the board. There is not, to my knowlege a conspiracy against Christians here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom