Searching for Depth...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My setup mirrors that very closely. A 10 dollar casio Club-G (best watch I've ever owned) to record times, the 15 dollar Dacor LCG AND a 40' polyester/nylon rope attached to a diver-down buoy (for now--soon to get longer), the other end of it is looped with a non-slip knot that I can grab onto and also let go of easily.

Sort of curiosity question here: Do most boaters and other wayfaring water-fans even know what the Diver down flag means? Is it taught during any type of licensing curriculum?

Several years ago I bought a Casio watch that has a depth-meter with a timer. It reports Max Depth, Avg. Depth, and time. You've got to set it to dive mode before getting in, but other than that it's been good to me.

I spent $80 for it, but I notice it's no longer available. You might be able to find it on ebay...it's model # snk100.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom