Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for the Seaskin Nova orders. Just dropped my Christmas wish into the pool last night. The British Pound exchange rate on my CC is 2% better than what PayPal offers (incl their fee), so paid in GBP rather than USD.

The "DIR" valve location was added, but not certain about it. My thoughts are that it appears to sit on the outside/tricep and may be a snag hazard in tight quarters wreck or cave restrictions. While the standard location may work better if it were more outboard, at least where they put it is much more protected than the DIR. FWIW, I picked the option for all Scitech valves.

Anyone with experience in tech, wreck or cave restrictions using the DIR location to comment?

Also, anyone try sending email to "sales@seaskin.co.uk" lately? I've tried from both Yahoo and Gmail today, both are failing with "Invalid recipient"

The email address from which you get your order confirmation, answers to your emails.

Ok I have my final specs, if anyone has time to look over quick and give any feedback! Thank you!

Fully Tele Torso
Main body Dry zip
YKK Zipper
No P Valve
Quick Neck System
Warm Neck Simple
Sitech QCS Oval Cuff
Dump DIR
SiTech Valve System
Inflation Patch
Neoprene Socks
No Reinforcement
40 mm Braces
No logos
1 expedition pocket

Ok I have my final specs, if anyone has time to look over quick and give any feedback! Thank you!

Fully Tele Torso
Main body Dry zip
YKK Zipper
No P Valve
Quick Neck System
Warm Neck Simple
Sitech QCS Oval Cuff
Dump DIR
SiTech Valve System
Inflation Patch
Neoprene Socks
No Reinforcement
40 mm Braces
No logos
1 expedition pocket
Get the p-valve now and just keep it plugged until you get around to using it. At some point in your diving you'll wish you had it because you drank too much water. Rushing out of the suit to pee sucks and risks your seals. Diapers are your other option...

2 pockets is better than 1

Knee reinforcements. Shore diving often has trip hazards.

Did you get the zip cover? Not sure what the main body zip refers to.

Colors?

Otherwise looks like a great build to me

Definitely agree on the 2nd pocket.
Unless money is an impediment get a pee valve. You will eventually want one. It's nice to have them do the work and check for leaks rather than do it yourself.
I also went with knee, butt back shoulder and crotch reinforcements. Not sure if you need them but figured the knee and butt at least are worth it.
I also got the elastic back. It pulls it just a little tighter. I also got the extra clothing allowance.
Not sure if the warm neck is the one with Velcro. I went with the basic one. Heard that the Velcro one is kind of a pain.
You will love your auit

Thanks all for the replies , I am going to be placing the order this morning, excited! Ordering two of them for my partner and I.

Decided to go the diaper route against everyone’s judgment haha. I live really close by dive right in scuba and if I need a pee valve later on I will have them install one.

I’ve read multiple times on here to skip all additional protection except for potentially knee pads.

If you'll be diving anywhere near coldish water, I'd get the extra room. I got it and it feels snug even with their 250gm undergarment.

I'm going to be buying a 400+ undergarment in a few weeks and really hope it fits.

Back
Top Bottom