Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SS bp ~ 5lbs, 2lb on those Highland weight attachments that attach to 2" webbing (so 4lbs). They're at about the bottom of my ribs. In between my doubles (LP85's or HP100's) I have a Halcyon V pouch that holds 6lbs in the bottom "tail" portion. I dive with Hollis F1's. The only thing that I change ever is the weights on the 2" webbing. I'm 5'11.5" 195-200#'s with a bit of a dad bod, like holding hands and sunsets:)
You joke, but the difference for weight between a tubby and a skinny little twig bitch is significant.

:poke:

You joke, but the difference for weight between a tubby and a skinny little twig bitch is significant.

:poke:
I don't think that matters.. sure there are some generalizations, but you need what you need and everyone is a little different. It helps to get ideas I guess, but you still end up with your own setup / way of doing things.

Damn! It's finally shipping. Only slight hiccup is the rockboots are out of stock (I had put down techboots and socks instead of rockboots and socks so it's my bad really).

Question: They were going to ship me a Size 12 rockboot, but I'm really a size 10.5 shoe. 12 seems like a lot, in the past Ive used size 10 rockboots without issues. Should I be looking to buy size 10 or 12 rockboots?

Damn! It's finally shipping. Only slight hiccup is the rockboots are out of stock (I had put down techboots and socks instead of rockboots and socks so it's my bad really).

Question: They were going to ship me a Size 12 rockboot, but I'm really a size 10.5 shoe. 12 seems like a lot, in the past Ive used size 10 rockboots without issues. Should I be looking to buy size 10 or 12 rockboots?
Go on Amazon, select prime, order a pair in each size, return the one that doesn't fit well. If Amazon doesn't have them then go to your LDS and see what's available. These should be tried on with your planned undergarment socks and drysuit on (legs/feet).

I wear size 10.5 (US) shoes. My NRS booties that I wear over my Seaskin socks are, I think, size 12.

I would be inclined to trust Seaskin. Or, well, what I actually did was not get rock boots from them at all. I just waited until I had my suit then took it to REI, put on my normal under socks, put my feet into the suit legs/feet, and tried on NRS booties to find the right size, then bought those.

So far, I'm really liking the Altama Maritime Mid shoes that I picked up to go over the neoprene socks on my drysuit. Using a shoe sizer with midweight wool socks, then trying a few shoe sizes via Amazon using "try before you buy", my perfect fit was up one shoe size and wide instead of regular (removing the removeable insole absolutely required). Once I figured out the best size, I actually ended up ordering them directly from the MFR at OriginalFootwear using a coupon code I found online that made them cheaper than amazon, even with the shipping costs.

They aren't big heavy rock boots, but they are wide, so I had to use XL fins with them, even with just a 10.5wide shoe, fin fitment for the guys with really big feet might be an issue. @Boarderguy 's suggestion of leaning on amazon for some try-on is $ , definitely do that if they stock the boots/shoes you're considering.

I wear size 10.5 (US) shoes. My NRS booties that I wear over my Seaskin socks are, I think, size 12.

I would be inclined to trust Seaskin. Or, well, what I actually did was not get rock boots from them at all. I just waited until I had my suit then took it to REI, put on my normal under socks, put my feet into the suit legs/feet, and tried on NRS booties to find the right size, then bought those.
I usually like what you have to offer... I got the NRS booties and tried them a bunch.. not a fan.

Like @Badger7 I really like the Altama Maritime Mid boots / shoes? They look great and easy to get on. I had to take the soles out to accommodate my duck shaped feet, but they're awesome. Also swapped the laces for some bungee laces found on Amazon that match my thread color on the suit. I am now cool as a cucumber if I do say so myself:)

I usually like what you have to offer... I got the NRS booties and tried them a bunch.. not a fan.

Like @Badger7 I really like the Altama Maritime Mid boots / shoes? They look great and easy to get on. I had to take the soles out to accommodate my duck shaped feet, but they're awesome. Also swapped the laces for some bungee laces found on Amazon that match my thread color on the suit. I am now cool as a cucumber if I do say so myself:)

My grandmother always said "that's why there's chocolate and vanilla."

Also swapped the laces for some bungee laces found on Amazon that match my thread color on the suit. I am now cool as a cucumber if I do say so myself:)
I was considering the same, but then I imagined the DIR Police riding in on a DPV at 100fsw and writing me a wetnote ticket for silly shoestrings.

I was considering the same, but then I imagined the DIR Police riding in on a DPV at 100fsw and writing me a wetnote ticket for silly shoestrings.
I've contemplated mounting red/blue lights on my scoot and buzzing by the OW classes as they kneel in the mud...

Back
Top Bottom