Second trip to Farnsworth Bank in two weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Merry and I were discussing how much we enjoyed our dives at Farnsworth Bank two weeks ago. We had the best conditions I've seen there. Merry has mentioned more than once (more than twenty times) that she wants to go back. A few minutes later, Jim Simmerman invited us for a private trip with Kevin Lee and Jeff Reeb.

We boarded the Giant Stride on Thursday at 4:45 a.m. and watched the sunrise midchannel. We made two dives at Farnsworth followed by a dive at Bob's Rock, a pinnacle off the West End of Catalina. In between, Jeff and Jim made an anchor recovery dive at Eagle Rock.

It was a long day, but everyone seemed to be happy about going. We watched the sunset midchannel on the way home.
The ocean once again cooperated. Seas were calm. We didn't get any of the wind predicted for the northern Channel Islands and visibility at Farnsworth Bank was still above average. If you can get out there soon, do it.

Report and photos at Second trip to Farnsworth in two weeks

It is hard to pick one, but I think this is my favorite photo from all that I have taken at San Clemente Island. Nothing to compare with the quality that you and Merry produce though! I love all of your So Cal photos!!
upload_2019-10-25_13-43-16.png

Back
Top Bottom