Securing your Regulator.. Whats the best way..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StSomewhere:
the only thing that worked was one of these:

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/regs/holder.shtml
I second that. The bungee holds an octo very securely, but lets it go immediately when it's needed. No problem turning it mouthpiece-down in case of free-flow.

It's a little bit of work to put the octo back after OOA practice -- you have to sort of roll the bungee over the mouthpiece. But no big problem.

The mouthpiece is open to the water, but it's not going to be dragging anywhere.

I got some from LeisurePro a while ago; I just did a search, but couldn't find them now.

--Marek

I found snorkel keepers worked very well and were very easy to get the reg back into. Also, you can find them in every dive shop on earth, and they're so cheap you can pick up a dozen in case you ever break one.

David P:
You dont have to use the long hose to bungee your "octo" around your neck.
Agreed, but if you do bungee your octo around your neck you should use a longER hose for your primary, unless you plan on donating the octo from around your neck. Putting your primary on the longer octo hose and bungeeing your octo around your neck on the shorter hose probably works OK.

The long hose way might be a nice way to do it, but i don't know if i want to re-program what is already muscle memory.. You know? So i think i might try those dive rite holders, and if all else fails i'll try the snorkel holders, which seem to universally work :)

Thanks again

jonnythan:
I found snorkel keepers worked very well and were very easy to get the reg back into. Also, you can find them in every dive shop on earth, and they're so cheap you can pick up a dozen in case you ever break one.
It's not that they break, it's just that I keep giving them to insta-buddies to tame their octo. :wink: Sometimes rental gear doesn't come with on octo keeper, sometimes divers have just always let their octo drag. A snorkel keeper is a quick, easy, cheap solution for either case. Attached to my right upper D-ring, it's easy to test breath the octo while still attached.

The Leisure Pro link was for a PVC one, which isn't as elastic as a silicone snorkel keeper, also just $0.99, at Divers Direct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom