Seeking dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is sort of nice that you have the water to yourself when it gets to "cold" for some of these fair weather divers. It does get difficult to find some buddies at times though!

I agree. I dive year round for the most part, and I like winter as there is not as many people around. It is because of my anti-socialness that I mainly go out on weekdays.

Vis is a little better during winter in my opinion also.

I wish I could be anti-social and dive during the week!! But that thing called work gets in the way. Viz is definitely better when the water turns.

I refuse to dive when the water temp is below 50!

I refuse to dive when the water temp is below 50!
You MUST be thinking of another state! Inland north FL might get that cold, but not the GoF or east coast. Last winter was unusually cold w/ temps dipping into the lower 60's.

What be the temps in your neck of the woods this time of year?

I will be in that area Nov. 7 (Sat) and I want to dive!! I haven't spear-fished in a hundred years and don't have the gear anymore, nor do I even know what is legal there, but would love to dive! Will need tank(s) and weights.

I can't WAIT to dive this winter down here!

NO ICE! AND, right now, the quarrys up North are dipping into the 60's! I got down here just in time!

I am ready to rumble. . .

I did archeology training dives in a 7 mil at 45. First dive was ok, second dive was a little cool.
I will let you know about Jeanne next week when we dive at the local quarry.

I took the boat out to South Jack Ledge yesterday. Got one reasonable Hog Nosed Snapper. Saw lots of grouper but all too small. If you haven't been there, it's a fair drop in 50 feet. Plenty of overhangs and small live coral. Viz was about 40 feet. Failed to record temp but was warm enough for a shorty.

Boat was flawless in performance with the exception of the brand new windlass. It fouled the line twice on retrieval.

All things considered, a great day on the water. Still, I'm sure that there's plenty of places where bigger fish are found. Someone knows the numbers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom