Semi-Dry Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Wrong . . .
. . . I've never peed in any of my wetsuits!

I will take an oat before God that this is true.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I take particular care with respect to how much liquid I consume before a dive and when I consume that liquid.

It's just the same practice as not going to the Waffle House and having a double order of the hash browns "All-the-Way" with half a bottle of Tobasco sauce just before diving.

the K

:rofl3: Add to that list, "Going to McDonald's and getting a sausage McGriddle on the way to the dive site." I won't go into the gory details, but OMG.... That's the closest I've ever come to seriously soiling my wetsuit!! :no :(

Ya see, FW understands !!!

the K

I don't really worry that much about "managing my water intake"; because I normally stay hydrated all the time. I drink about 75 to 80 ounces of water or Diet Green Tea each day, which keeps the pee flowing clear and my body has just adjusted to always being hydrated so I don't need to go every 20 minutes. I'll pee before the dive and usually at some point during my surface interval.

I too love my new semi-dry, it's just GREAT. I just picked up some Henderson -Neosport 3mm gloves from DiversDiscount and low and behold they came from scuba.com. The gloves were $14 and they fit great.

JimmyC:
The Mares SEMI Dry is nice, back entry and same zipper setup as a drysuit. Yes you get a little wet, but it is good to 38 degrees according to MARES, and cheaper than a DS. I have a Mares SD and a DR 905 DS. Luv 'em both

38 degrees is a little too cold for it. I don't get cold easy and 38 was too cold. I try to stay above 45 with it. Above 60 gets too warm.:D

The Kraken:
As mentioned in an earlier post, I take particular care with respect to how much liquid I consume before a dive and when I consume that liquid.

Yup, that's a way to avoid peeing in your wetsuit. But also a good way to get dehydrated and getting DCS.

Stijn:
Yup, that's a way to avoid peeing in your wetsuit. But also a good way to get dehydrated and getting DCS.

Yep and remember, Proper hydration starts DAYS before the dive. If your properly hydrated well in advance of the dive you can skip that 2 or 3 cups of water imediately before the dive.

Anyway, anyone who knows The Kraken will give witness that he would NOT use his wetsuit for anything other than dive related activities.

Jeremy

Stijn:

But it's an even better way to stay PROPERLY hydrated all the time . . . :10:

the K

Semi-dry suits is an advanced type of exposure suit where its ends contain seals. Water comes in to the wetsuit from everywhere, but the main flow (out) is through the extremities offering much better thermal protection. It is not a marketing term, but another word in the advancement of scuba diving equipment. Keep in mind that this exposure suit is of wet type. One of the most popular types is

Ralf Tech Storm Power 7/5mm
You can find more information at ACROTECH SCUBA and also at AQUADIS, Corp.
ACROTECH SCUBA
AQUADIS Corp Homepage

If you look at a Waterproof semi dry, you'll see it is a regular dry suit zipper. The amount of water is minimal. Usually by the time I get off the suit and stow the rest of my gear, I'm dry. Most other brands are skin in seals at all entry points and a normal wet suit type zipper, wet but not alot of flushing.

Back
Top Bottom