Semi-Dry Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimmyC:
The Mares SEMI Dry is nice, back entry and same zipper setup as a drysuit. Yes you get a little wet, but it is good to 38 degrees according to MARES, and cheaper than a DS. I have a Mares SD and a DR 905 DS. Luv 'em both

How comfortable is the Mares Semi-Dry compared to...let say a 7mm wet or a dry suit? I've used a 5mm and 3mm, and the 5mm for me is really bulky so I'm reluctant to get into a 7mm wetsuit.

How comfortable is this? Hard to move?

draperb@hcsmail.com:
Finally a picture...

Tilossuit.jpg

Gussy,

The 2007 Mares Isotherm semi dry is very comfortable and easy to move in. We are utilizing our Trilastic material in specific panels that require the most movement to optimize comfort and ease of mobility. It is the closest thing to a drysuit for a fraction of the cost.

Best,

I have a Mares Isotherm. Its really comfortable (no 'bulky' feeling you get from a 2 piece) I also noticed on my last dive, I had no swimming shorts & used my boxers instead (long story) I was dry- apart from sweat after the dive. I have a feeling this is because the suit fits me so well

Gussy:
How comfortable is this? Hard to move?

It's not hard to move around in at all. It's VERY flexable. I love the comfort and feel of the suit. Because of the titanium layer it slips right on, it's a little more difficult taking it back off because of the seals. It also has very large knee pads that are very comfortable.

I just returned from Vortex and dove this thing for the first time. I needed no extra weight for it, above what I used for my 5mm wetsuit. I never felt cold, and any water that got in, trickled in so slowly, by the time it reached any "vital areas," it was already warmed up. I absolutely LOVE this suit and it was worth every penny. I almost wish I could buy it again! LOL!

draperb@hcsmail.com:
I've never peed in my wetsuits, I just pee before I suit up.

Assemble/test Gear
Lay out wetsuit
Go pee
suit up and don gear
go dive
45min to an hour getting out of the water after safety stop, change tanks have snak and drinks (PowerAid/Green Tea), pee again and get back in the water.

There are 2 types of divers. The ones who pee and the ones who lie about not peeing in their wetsuit. :eyebrow:

Stijn:
There are 2 types of divers. The ones who pee and the ones who lie about not peeing in their wetsuit. :eyebrow:

Wrong . . .
. . . I've never peed in any of my wetsuits!

I will take an oath before God that this is true.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I take particular care with respect to how much liquid I consume before a dive and when I consume that liquid.

It's just the same practice as not going to the Waffle House and having a double order of the hash browns "All-the-Way" with half a bottle of Tobasco sauce just before diving.

the K

I also just got a Mares Isotherm Semi-dry. It's freakin' fantastic. I couldn't move when I dove in the San Juan Islands with a 2-piece 7mm and hooded vest but this is a whole different story. I'm not sure if it's because the suit is just one piece (not layered - though it does have a 2mm core warmer inside so you're not completely bare when you take the top part off) or because it's that trilastic stuff but I was pretty much dry ... a little water got in just around my wrists - I think I don't have the gloves that are supposed to mate with the metalskin seal so when I flexed my hands, it would push a little water inside. But the rest of my arms and body were completely dry. That's worth it to me for a fraction of what a drysuit would cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom