Semi-Dry Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

draperb@hcsmail.com:
Well Divers Discount Florida has the suit for $129 plus shipping. I contacted Scuba.com and advised them of the price difference and they beat it. I didn't get any hassles "Bob" the sales guy went to the website and verified the price and said "Ok, that won't be a problem".

Sometimes it pays to shop around.

I was hoping you had some fat wallet type deal. :) I was looking at a computer they have for $250 but Dive Inn has for $205. I was hoping they did the 150% price match thing BEFORE buying. :(

Can't wait to see how this thing dives!! I also picked up a pair of Dive Rite fins, but they seem to be on back-order. I love the design of having the zipper across the chest! In fact, I think that all wetsuits for scuba diving, should be designed this way. The zipper isn't digging into your back from the weight of the tank, and you don't have this ridiculous "tail" always getting in the way.

seaelite.jpg

FW,
It looks as if it's a bit loose on ya . . .

the K

I finally got my semi-dry in on Friday. I took it over to Panama City and did a little water testing to kinda figure out if it's going to give a good seal and how much weight I'll need.

The Tilos 7/5mm Semi-Dry is amazing. I got in to 62 degree water, while it was 52 out side. Only a VERY, VERY small amount of water got into the suit at my wrists and ankles. Before I got into the water I burped the suit and grabbed my weight belt I brought a total of 18lbs with me and I still need some more to be able to get my buoyancy right...

The feeling I had using the suit was close to the feeling I had when I took my openwater class and realized I was breathing underwater. I was in awe. I highly recommend this suit though I would say it runs about one size larger than the size charts. The suit arms are a little too long but the suit still provides a perfect seal.

draperb@hcsmail.com:
I finally got my semi-dry in on Friday. I took it over to Panama City and did a little water testing to kinda figure out if it's going to give a good seal and how much weight I'll need.

The Tilos 7/5mm Semi-Dry is amazing. I got in to 62 degree water, while it was 52 out side. Only a VERY, VERY small amount of water got into the suit at my wrists and ankles. Before I got into the water I burped the suit and grabbed my weight belt I brought a total of 18lbs with me and I still need some more to be able to get my buoyancy right...

The feeling I had using the suit was close to the feeling I had when I took my openwater class and realized I was breathing underwater. I was in awe. I highly recommend this suit though I would say it runs about one size larger than the size charts. The suit arms are a little too long but the suit still provides a perfect seal.

What are you comparing the new suit to? What was you old one?

i wished my semidry had a pee valve,needed it badly this weekend,but a little soap and water got it smelling clean and fresh again.

ams511:
What are you comparing the new suit to? What was you old one?

I'm compairing it to a standard wetsuit. My old suit was a Body Glove 3/2mm full suit. With the Body Glove I'd get into the water and it would flood, though I'd be fine as the dive went on and the water in the suit warmed up. But it's so much nicer to be in a semi-dry and be almost totally dry when I get back out and I can't beat the price from SCUBA.com.

divinginn:
i wished my semidry had a pee valve,needed it badly this weekend,but a little soap and water got it smelling clean and fresh again.

I've never peed in my wetsuits, I just pee before I suit up.

Assemble/test Gear
Lay out wetsuit
Go pee
suit up and don gear
go dive
45min to an hour getting out of the water after safety stop, change tanks have snak and drinks (PowerAid/Green Tea), pee again and get back in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom