Semi-Dry Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevead:
some semis do have a "drysuit type" zipper, usually a plastic one (just don't see them being very durable)

"a bit of duct tape"? with enough duct tape I could make jeans and a sweatshirt dry

Duct tape...the miracle of the 20th century.

Hey, isn't that another use for Duct Tape?

:rofl3:

John

Fish_Whisperer:
Excellent!! Thanks, everyone.

Here's the suit I've got: Sea Elite 7/5 Semi-Dry Wetsuit

It cost me, with shipping, $199.45

I followed the link and got a description but no price and no way to order. What gives?

Where are you getting a tri-lam dry suit for $900? What brand?
Sounds like a great deal!

I have a 7/5 semi-dry that I purchased from Divers Supply some years back. I think they referred to it as their "Expedition Semi-Dry".

Believe it or not, I wear it when doing confined water work with classes because we're in the water for such a long period of time.

I can do two fifty or so minute dives in water temps to about 54 degrees F with no discomfort or appreciable loss of core temperature.

The Kraken:
You're gonna love going dry, FW.

If you were so pleased with the semi why did you get a drysuit? This is not a taunt, I am looking to replace my Bare 7mm with something a bit warmer. I am fine to 60F but plan to dive frequently in 55F water next year.

I have dived a drysuit but not a semi. I prefer the simplicity and cost of a wetsuit. Is a good semi as warm as a 7mm with a hooded vest or step in?

I'll never dive wet in anything under 80 degree water again!!

Diving wet in 55 degree water isn't fun for long..even in 7'n'7 (7mm FJ and 7mm shorty).

Cheers,
Austin

ams511:
Can you explain how you did that please. Thanks

Well Divers Discount Florida has the suit for $129 plus shipping. I contacted Scuba.com and advised them of the price difference and they beat it. I didn't get any hassles "Bob" the sales guy went to the website and verified the price and said "Ok, that won't be a problem".

Sometimes it pays to shop around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom