Send pics home directly from your camera...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Sealife cameras are not wireless, but these cards are: How does the Eye-Fi card work? | Eye-Fi :idea:

Go on a dive trip, use the hotel lobby computer to set up on their wireless, then send pics from your camera anytime you are back at the hotel. It'd be a hassle to send one by one, and I don't know if you can send a batch? It seems to do batch sending. An interesting idea for those who don't want to carry laptops or multiple cards on trips.

Yeah. I didn't really like that feature of automatic uploads whenever you're close to a computer. It will upload ALL your pics. Mine stopped working after only a couple of months.

Yeah. I didn't really like that feature of automatic uploads whenever you're close to a computer. It will upload ALL your pics. Mine stopped working after only a couple of months.
Did you get it fixed or replaced?

Make sure you have the GPS function of any camera you have turned OFF if you feel you need to do this, especially if you post to an on-line social network like FACEBOOK.

If GPS is on, a right click on any photo and then a click on Properties will show the GPS location. If you post from on Vacation, anyone can see where you are and then scroll down to a photo that was taken at home and now know that 1) You are not home and 2) Exactly where home is.

This goes for any GPS enabled item you may be using be it a camera or a smart phone.

You have invited a robbery.

Do any Sealife cams have Gps?

I wonder if the card does?

I didn't have mine replaced because I didn't realize it wasn't working until it was out of warranty...guess it could have stopped past the two month mark but that was the last time I used it. There are also some countries that have banned them so be sure you aren't in violation of their laws when traveling out of the states.

I didn't have mine replaced because I didn't realize it wasn't working until it was out of warranty...guess it could have stopped past the two month mark but that was the last time I used it. There are also some countries that have banned them so be sure you aren't in violation of their laws when traveling out of the states.
Wait, how long is the warranty?

I see on their site "The Eye-Fi Card is currently supported in the USA, Canada, the United Kingdom and Japan," but if it can configure to a hotel router in another country, I'd expect it to work there? Maybe not?

For land camera use, I know there are times that I will shoot a pic with my 1.3 mp cell phone cam only because it's so easy to send to computer. I carry my Canon on my hip anytime I leave the house, but for one pic - often don't bother. I need to get over that.

I also thot of this card for people I know who are horrible about downloading photos regardless of numbers, but while it would handle the downloads and automatically free up card space - they are also horrible about working the pics on the computers, so would just have more backlog building I think.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom