Sentenced to Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
Heard on the news this morning the fragger in the desert got the death penalty.

Its been since either 1961 or 69...not sure....since the last GI was put to death and it was for the same thing....fragging in Nam.

I will choose my words carefully here so as hopefully to keep the thread from being pulled, but I think the sentence is just based on his actions. I just hate the costs and time it will take in all the appeals.

It was AFTER he was sentenced to death that now it seemed appropriate to apologize for his actions. In my book, the minute the grenade left his hand it was too late.

I wonder how the Army currently carries out a death sentence? In the past it has been by hanging and firing squad. Have they moved up to lethal injections?

In my book if you have to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for the guys who got it....and their families.

hope the appeals don't take too long. I say "make it happen."

RICHinNC:
Heard on the news this morning the fragger in the desert got the death penalty.

Its been since either 1961 or 69...not sure....since the last GI was put to death and it was for the same thing....fragging in Nam.

I will choose my words carefully here so as hopefully to keep the thread from being pulled, but I think the sentence is just based on his actions. I just hate the costs and time it will take in all the appeals.

It was AFTER he was sentenced to death that now it seemed appropriate to apologize for his actions. In my book, the minute the grenade left his hand it was too late.

I wonder how the Army currently carries out a death sentence? In the past it has been by hanging and firing squad. Have they moved up to lethal injections?

In my book if you have to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for the guys who got it....and their families.

Ditto

In risk of this post getting pulled, where can I donate a bullet for the cause?

I agree, but also I think he SHOULD get a little quality time with the guys in Leavenworth, I would think they still have emotional ties to their GI brethren, That would be something to video, one big blanket party!!

From Austin Powers, "I got a gun in my room, I can go get it and we can go shoot 'em together!"

I agree, the sentence is just. Last time I heard, the military executes by firing squad. Do not know if that has changed at Leavenworth these days however.

Fragging and desertion under fire are about the only two ways to obtain the ultimate sentence. In the case of desertion, it can be if-fy. In the case of fragging, there can be no doubt.

Ummm we have not changed the books as far as punishment goes. We still can order a reduced ration imposement, hanging and, firing squads.

He deserves what he gets, I hate it when somebody hides behind their religon (not saying that religon is bad, I went to Catholic school) to say what they did is just. What he did was incomprehensible and cowardly, just like the terrorist should be treated in accordance. There will be those out there that will want us to save his pathetic life because "it's not right". This is a sore spot for those of us serving or have served proudly in the XVIII Airborne Corps, it was our brothers that he injured, maimed, fragged or, cowardly shot them in the back as they ran to get help.

Back
Top Bottom