Servicing Apeks Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmcganty

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I have six Apeks ATX100 regulators (large family) and would like to learn how to service these and where to get service kits for them. I am in the UK. Any help appreciated.

Hello,
I have six Apeks ATX100 regulators (large family) and would like to learn how to service these and where to get service kits for them. I am in the UK. Any help appreciated.

Hi Dmcganty,

Great regulators.

Most of the SCUBA manufacturers supply service kits& spare parts to authorized service centers only.

To the best of my knowledge Apeks has one service kit for all first stages and another one for all second stages which minimize the confusion.

I got in touch with most of the SCUBA manufacturers in the past to become an authorized service technician but I received same response from all of them; participant must be working for a dealer to be able to attend these technical courses!

These links might be interesting for you;
Home Page - Scuba Technical And Training Services
Dive Industry Technician Service Course, scuba regulators spare parts, compressors, scuba tanks, regulator service manuals
Scuba Tools - Regulator Savvy Book
SCUBA REGULATOR MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR by Vance Harlow

Good luck, regards.

Deniz Doner

As you know, in the US, Apeks/Aqualung doesn't allow sales of these kits. Not sure about in the UK though. Of course, there are ways around that :D

Here are the part numbers you'll want. (note this are the US distribution part numbers). If you can't figure out how to get them, then drop me a PM and I'll point you to it.

you'll want

Apeks Parts Kit Number AP-0241/AA - Apeks 1st Stage Regulator Rebuild Kit ( assembled for distribution in North America with BLUE part and index cover).

Apeks Parts Kit Number: AP-0219/AA. Apeks 2nd Stage Regulator Rebuild Kit (assembled for distribution in North America with BLUE part and index cover).

There is a good amount of regulator service manuals floating around the internet.

There is also a few books related directly to regulator theory and service. Unfortunately the bookmarks I had of the recommended book was on a laptop that I gave away. That one was sold directly from the authors website, who also sold some of the tools. It requires some specialized tools, and as others point out the manufacturers try to drive repairs to their dealer network (Probably both from a reward for sales as well as liability).

I did the service course with Apeks in the UK as I'm an Instructor with my local dive centre and help with servicing as well. This is the only way you can be officially certified as an Apeks service tech here in the UK as far as I'm aware. However you still cannot buy parts from them directly - you have to buy from an authorised dealer. In my case as I work for them it's not a problem, but generally I guess a dealer would probably not supply you unless they know you well.

As said on previous posts there are lots of sources of manuals on the net (all infringing copyright), however a lot of them are the old versions so may not include important updates, but they will tell you how to get them apart. Your best bet it to get friendly with your local dive centre if they deal with Apeks (working as a DM or instructor helps) and see if they will send you on the course (you need to pay) and then supply you with parts.

good luck Paul.

Back
Top Bottom