Setting the Hook: A Diver's Return to the Andrea Doria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm enjoying the book, although I have to admit, when you went back to training off Whidbey and were diving deep air in 2000, I was shaking my head in disbelief.

It did need a better proofreader. There are quite a few omitted words and typos, and some errors of grammar that should have been corrected. In addition, the Kindle version italicizes words at what appears to be random, which does some interesting things to the intonation.

I haven't finished it yet. I'll post a review when I'm done with it. I am enjoying the read, though, and another view of the amazingly different world that is East Coast wreck diving.

TS and M,
Thanks for the feedback; the print-to-Kindle conversion process leaves much to be desired. I have the italics problem in work for a fix, and will do an additional review for omitted words, etc...I will also verify that none of these issues are in the hard copy version, which I'm confident is not the case. Thanks again, and if the Kindle version anomalies become too distracting please let me know via peter@settingthehook.org and I will make it right.
Peter Hunt

Tried to order a copy from the publisher... website fell over on the Create Account page. Will try again tomorrow, sounds like a good read

I tend to be fussy about proofreading stuff . . . I made my living as a proofreader for a while when I was young.

I finished the book last night. It was not what I expected. It's a very good read, especially for those of us of a certain age. Thank you, Peter.

I don't think the proofreading issue is that dramatic (you do have to stare at it for an extra second). The italics on the Kindle version were weird and definitely odd to get used to - I'd say that's the bigger problem to fix. At first I thought it was intentional and I was just missing something.

I am about 30% of the way through the book and have been enjoying it so far.

mathsuck0814,
I appreciate the feedback and agree; the extra italics have to go. Very glad to hear that you are enjoying it so far.
Thanks,
Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom