Setting the record straight about Princeton Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a q40, surge, and a shockwave. Have been using them for 2 yrs now with no problems due to construction or design. The surge and 40 leaked once due to my failure to lube the o-rings after cleaning. And once a bad batch of batteries (picked em up cheap instead of paying for the duracells) got milky in them. Cleaned, dried, and put dura's in and had no problems since. Good to hear that they stand behind them tho for future reference.

The Matrix/Quest/Vortec headlamps really suck. They seem to actively draw water into the battery, despite their "waterproof to 2000 feet" claim. I don't think they even make that any more. The Aurora is equally bad. They make everything out of plain steel then try to waterproof the compartment.

Petzl has the right idea with headlamps. Many of their lamps are intentionally not waterproof, but made with stainless steel contacts inside. That way, *when* they get wet, or you have to change the batteries in the rain, or you get condensation inside, it won't rust and the water will evaporate out of the case.

Anyway, I digress..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom