Setting up a transplate....help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawineman Sorry I must really be out of it. I probably shouldn't post after having a fever and being in bed for four days. The transplate was one of the final three that I chose from and I guess in my very congested and mucus filled head that word came back that I had that. Anyway, I'll look into the stainless screws.

Kern thanks for the suggestion, but I only dive singles and probably always will.

Hi Andrea,
No apologies needed....I appreciate the posts and the pictures. How do you upload a picture to this site? Thanks again,
Sean

I actually uploaded them to my fiance's photography website. Then right clicked on the picture, clicked on properties, and then copied that link to my post. Not sure how else to do it unless you have your own web space. Could always sign up for a bogus myspace page or a photo account some where and use their upload.

When sending the webbing back up the shoulder pad towards the BP do you go back through the 2 retaining straps on the actual pad or do you only do the on the way down?

When sending the webbing back up the shoulder pad towards the BP do you go back through the 2 retaining straps on the actual pad or do you only do the on the way down?
Hi,
I think I finally figured it out, but I went back through both on the way up.

When sending the webbing back up the shoulder pad towards the BP I put the webbing over the top of the shoulder pad retainers, not through them. I don't think it would matter very much. Back through the retainers might reduce your ability to correctly adjust the upper "D" ring positioning. That would depend on your individual set up, your size, where you need to position the pads & upper "D" ring etc.

Back
Top Bottom