Shark attack. .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now the sharks are going to get all
the blame for the attack because of one dumb ass who can't
think. .

Is it wrong of me to be angry? ? What do you think on the
attack? ?

You don't care if a person lives or dies? Where does one go from there?

Tree hugger syndrome. I can't believe the anger at the guy for going for a swim, he assumed the responsibility of jumping in the water, a shark bit him, crap happens. People get bit by sharks, bears attack people, you want to play in the wild you assume the risk. It's been a long time since I heard anyone wanting to kill sharks over an unfortunate attack, we're pretty much past that. Sounds to me like the OP is just another treehugger with an agenda stirring the pot.

You don't care if a person lives or dies? Where does one go from there?

Australia.....but that was a long long time ago. Today Australia is AOK in my books :D.

Tell that to the crew of the USS Indianapolis. Tell that to the victims of Matawan Creek. Tell that to Bret Gilliam who posted the story of having sharks eat his buddy, literally pulling him out of his hands. Fortunately, it is rare for sharks to eat humans, but it does happen.

I agree Walter. I had a Bull Shark grab my left fin and give it a tug down while I was waiting for my Buddy to climb-up the ladder after a shark dive. I initially thought that it was another diver and I turned around to tell him to quite trying to scare the *rap out of me, but realized I was the last one in the water. I then noticed the shark swimming close to the boat. I thought it best to be leaving the water... :) I've been around them quite a bit since then without a problem, but they are predictably unpredictable. :)

I agree completely with you ONESPEED. Sounds like someone's got their priorities way screwed up!

I don't think it's appropriate to call the swimmer stupid nor blame the shark. This poor soul took a risk and had an unfortunate encounter and sharks are going to be sharks.

Amen. And even if someone is angry with the swimmer, the swimmer got bit. Isn't that punishment enough?

How many sharks have been killed that weren't supose to be killed just beause we think we can . .

Have you never made a mistake, Karel26?

Yes, ew humans kill thousands of sharks each year - wrongly in my view. But that's not the this swimmer's fault.

I had a Bull Shark grab my left fin and give it a tug down while I was waiting for my Buddy to climb-up the ladder after a shark dive. I initially thought that it was another diver and I turned around to tell him to quite trying to scare the *rap out of me, but realized I was the last one in the water. I then noticed the shark swimming close to the boat. [/QUOTE

Wow. that was close.

I had a Bull Shark grab my left fin and give it a tug down while I was waiting for my Buddy to climb-up the ladder after a shark dive. I initially thought that it was another diver and I turned around to tell him to quite trying to scare the *rap out of me, but realized I was the last one in the water. I then noticed the shark swimming close to the boat. I thought it best to be leaving the water... :)

You still had time to think? Hell I would have been on that boat before my buddy had even fiinished climbing the ladder! People far and wide would have been talking about the miraculous way i walked on water :wink:

But seriously, with regards to the main post, and my personal feelings about this incident aside, i think we should remember that going into the ocean is always going to be a risk vs. reward scenario. It is not our natural habitat ( gee, arent I just the rocket scientist:D) so we should never be complacent. We should all try to take something away from this. He paid for it already so we may as well try to learn something from it.

Back
Top Bottom