Shark Court for Randy Emerald Charters Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, he wasn't convicted....

"...after the verdict attributed his location to a faulty GPS system..."

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

--Mark Twain

Now for the real pain.

The states outrageous "cost of the investigation".

What a load of petty crap.

Someone was looking to make an example, and they did.

Now for the real pain.

The states outrageous "cost of the investigation".

What a load of petty crap.

Someone was looking to make an example, and they did.

It is my understanding that other people who were charged similarly, plead out the case and took a smaller fine. I imagine he had that option as well. He was making a statement by going to court, I think.

His GPS didn't work.. LOL.... He can drop people precisely so they land on a small sunken airplane on a featureless bottom in a screaming (3kt) current in 180 ft depths... but his GPS is faulty...

The investigative and prosecutorial costs to us taxpayers are probably huge. Should we pay for it or should the guilty party pay for it?

Bluf: I think the defense made serious blunders if they didn't know what the prosecutors had in thier pockets.

I didn't say we should pay it.

I don't think it should have gone to trial.

Would be interesting to see the information, all of it, that the prosecution presented to the court vs the defense rebuttals.

I imagine the cost will be staggering. And I am sure every possible item will be charged to the defendant. But that is for another time and thread.

All Randy really needs to do for the future, is to make a deal with a sport fish boat, to chum around the hole in the wall, and to fish there at the times Randy's divers want to be in the water.....
For the sport fishing boat, all the chumming is perfectly legal.

Meanwhile, I would imagine the cost of his buying this much in national TV media, would have been several hundred thousand dollars.....Granted, the national TV audience is poorly targeted for advanced divers that would become interested in Shark Diving in Florida....but with all this attention, I think Randy has been seen and heard about by nearly all of them, regardless of the waste on the non-divers in the audience. :)

So Randy just hit a home run.

All Randy really needs to do for the future, is to make a deal with a sport fish boat, to chum around the hole in the wall, and to fish there at the times Randy's divers want to be in the water.....
For the sport fishing boat, all the chumming is perfectly legal.

Meanwhile, I would imagine the cost of his buying this much in national TV media, would have been several hundred thousand dollars.....Granted, the national TV audience is poorly targeted for advanced divers that would become interested in Shark Diving in Florida....but with all this attention, I think Randy has been seen and heard about by nearly all of them, regardless of the waste on the non-divers in the audience. :)

So Randy just hit a home run.

Are you sure? Wouldn't that be in federal waters?

Are you sure? Wouldn't that be in federal waters?

What do you mean DD....? Any place Randy thinks would be good for sharks...he can have a Sport Fish boat go.....they can legally chum and fish..and there is NO Law that Randy can't show up and dive there.

It is a stupidly written law anyway, on the books only because of some cowardly spear fisherman out of Fort Lauderdale back around 2002 or so.....the CDNN group and Piccard and his gutless buddies.....As I recall, they got pissey about sharks bothering them when they spearfished, where there were some shark feeding operations --and they decided to get a law passed. And the CDNN site was the worst yellow journalism the dive industry had ever seen. They got lucky that the news the month or so when they were needing a big push, made the shark issue huge nationally, and the knee jerk reaction was immediate.

It is my understanding that other people who were charged similarly, plead out the case and took a smaller fine. I imagine he had that option as well. He was making a statement by going to court, I think.

His GPS didn't work.. LOL.... He can drop people precisely so they land on a small sunken airplane on a featureless bottom in a screaming (3kt) current in 180 ft depths... but his GPS is faulty...

The investigative and prosecutorial costs to us taxpayers are probably huge. Should we pay for it or should the guilty party pay for it?

He did drop me on that airplane, and it was a cool dive. Regarding who should pay? That's why we pay taxes. For law enforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how much money this will cost him?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom