Shark Dive Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cold dark diving:
assistance in advising us as to the safety of the experience.

As I mentioned, if everybody pays attention, I think it is well run and very safe. I really didn't consider your question to be about the sharks, themselves, but more a question about the dive op and DM's. If anyone is worrying about being gobbled by Mr. Grey, I suppose you'd have to come to grips with that on your own. Sooner or later, someday, someplace, somebody is going to be videotaped at a shark feed by another diver who has one of the many cameras on the dive. Then we'll see in this media frenzied age if that has the same effect as "Jaws" did on diving- a huge boon!

Also wondering what the chances are of seeing whale sharks at that time of the year? From our last visit two years ago we were advised that the whale sharks migrated since hurrican Mitch and haven't returned.

Not returned since Mitch? Disregard any further advice from that source. I have seen the most of them May-June on the full moon.

Also interested in doing some wreck diving which we understand are east of the island. Any suggestions?

This is truly a diving expedition. Someday, these wrecks will be commonly available, but I'll be dead and gone by then. Access to these wrecks is only limited by your pocketbook, At CCV, a group can pay a bit extra ($20? for luch and extra fuel?)and take their boat far East if weather permits. This is not available (or would be ill advised from many of the other well known AI's). Subway Watersports would be a good, yet reasonable alternative, but again, you may have to 'buy the boat'.

The best wreck dive right now in the Bay Islands is the Prince Albert at night. This is an easy shore dive access from CoCoView and FIBR will cart any and all over to it by pram work boat. I have been diving the PA 600+ times and am never bored.

QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom