Shark Pictures from the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are good shots..thanks for sharing. I'll be doing the at the end of Nov. i can't wait.

These are good pictures. Psychologically, at least, I like this Caribbean Reef type, because their teeth are not obvious. I see the Stuart Cove fish box in the background. One year, I was diving a wreck where the Stuart Cove Op had left a couple of their empty boxes behind the day before. We brought up the empty boxes to our dive boat, so we could return them. As we ascended, 3 sharks slowly followed us up! I suppose their sensitivity to residual fish scent is very good.

scubabamatxn:
One year, I was diving a wreck where the Stuart Cove Op had left a couple of their empty boxes behind the day before. We brought up the empty boxes to our dive boat, so we could return them. As we ascended, 3 sharks slowly followed us up! I suppose their sensitivity to residual fish scent is very good.

They probably recognized the boxes. They also start swarming before the food bucket goes in the water, 'cause they know what's coming.

That's awesome! That is something I definitely want to do sometime in the near future.

dove on the site unexso and xanadu do their shark dives to look for teeth and build a couple trail markers... sharks apeared and loitered at a safe distance as soon as we hit the water... teeth are hard to find, you see them more by how they move then their shape {near as light as water}... looks like the stuart cove site is rockier, no sand kicked up by sharks giving light scatter, or nice clear pictures...

sweet photos!

Somethin i'd definitely love to do!

SF

okay would love to do that ,with mixed scared and excited at same time . I thought you were told to keep hands close to body .how did you get those lovely shots with out violating rule?

Back
Top Bottom