Shark Repellent Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count yourself lucky to see a shark. Most of them are easily scared away by scuba divers.

Now if you find a jellyfish repellent, please let me know!

I find that if I submerse myself in fresh water, I never have a problem with sharks.

Sometimes it could be good to have something. I have fought off my fair share of sharks when spear hunting.

repel sharks? Send em are way we love running into sharks on dives.

Unless you are a surfer, why would you want to repel sharks?
As a scuba diver myself your right why would anyone want to repel sharks however, who are we to question anyones need to feel safe. Just as I wouldn't discourage someone riding a motorcycle in a state that doesn't require riders to wear helmets not to wear a helmet. If they feel safer doing so so be it their choice to do so. I myself can see a possible need for having repellent just incase. Just like carrying an extra mask, extra air, a compass and a dive tube. Better safe than sorry. For example eventhough we know that the chances of being attacked by a shark while scuba diving are slim, they have happened therefore, since we're all practicing safe diving and never diving alone what if an attack does happen to your diving buddy and blood get in the water. A can or two of repellent might not be such a bad idea to help he or she get to safety. I think many people would agree with me that tgere are alot of non needed products on the market that are for safety however, in my opinion shark repellent isn't one of those products. Why do divers need a point tip knife while diving yet many carry one in addition to a blunt tip. We aren't stupid and know what they're thinking they might need one for and while you should be able to trust your buddy and know what equipment they're carrying let's say you're diving with people you don't know as well and they panic and stab a shark. Repellent might not be such a bad idea to have. If you still disagree with me no worries here but, just try something for me. Because there are so many nature lovers and people who study insects. Go camping in the middle of the summer in Florida and not wear insect repellent and let me know how that works out for you.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom