Shark tooth Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lakeshorelady

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all and Happy New Year! I'm heading down to Venice, Fl. the 2nd week of January for some immersion therapy.:crafty: Has anyone any recent experience with diving down there or with any dive shops? I'd like to try the shark's tooth diving but was wondering if there was other interesting diving to look for too, along the gulf coast. Also, any idea what water temps run this time of year?

Weather permitting, shore diving is questionable in Venice (300yd surface swim in surf low viz), will find lots of small teeth 20feet. Best diving in Florida, during Jan-Feb Jupiter Inlet. Jupiter Dive Center. :wink:

I went out with Megaladon Charters in June and had a great time with them. My daughter and I came back from the 2 dives with over 250 sharks teeth, some stingray barbs, assorted pieces of whale bone and 1 horse tooth. If you are used to NE diving the temps and visibility are not likely to bother you much.:wink: Florida West Scuba is the dive shop adjacent to the charter. The charter used to be owned by the shop, but is now separate. BTW, you might want to search the Florida diving part of the forum for some other info. Its been a while since much was posted but you should have some luck. I hope you have a great time!

Hello all and Happy New Year! I'm heading down to Venice, Fl. the 2nd week of January for some immersion therapy.:crafty: Has anyone any recent experience with diving down there or with any dive shops? I'd like to try the shark's tooth diving but was wondering if there was other interesting diving to look for too, along the gulf coast. Also, any idea what water temps run this time of year?

The shark tooth diving is alot of fun. My family lives there and we visit often.
My experience has been that between the months of November(late) and early March, the weather(wind and seas) is a total crap shoot. Last year in December we had 5 days booked and all 5 were blown out. Other times it has been 50/50.

Planning to do the same at the end of March!

Have fun and please report back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom