Sharkwater opened on the 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moosicman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
As the title said, the movie SharkWater opens in theaters nation-wide on the 2nd not the 3rd-sorry. Unfortunatly it is a small independant release, but I may get your help in bringing it all around the US and other places even...stay tuned:)! I would ask you to go see this movie--NOT just for a conservation effort--but because it is a DANG good movieand has some GREAT scuba cinematography!!!!...I'll be interested to hear your opinions so go see the movie and post your reviews HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going again!!!!!!!

SEE THE TRAILER AT THE LINK BELOW
SHARKWATER - In US theaters November 2

I have been waiting to see this film ALL year.
It finally came to Chicago (Rosemont) and I went to see it.
I thought it was a very excellent movie, great camera work and story!

The only thing I thought was bad, was I was the ONLY person in the theater.
It was last Saturday at 12:30pm. I wish more people would go see this movie
so they can see what's going on out there in the ocean while us Westerners are busy with our everyday life. The Eastern culture needs to get more educated about what they are doing to OUR oceans.

This is NOT a cultural thing...but an EDUCATIONAL thing.

This is NOT about me, or the movie maker not understanding their culture,
it's about their culture NOT understanding the repercussions of long line fishing....

There was a Chinese woman in the movie who had decided not to serve shark fin soup at her wedding. She felt that this was a way that she could make a stand against the shark fin mafia. As she said, it is not essential to eat.

She gets it...and is trying to do her part to help conserve the resources.
It's not about NOT fishing, it's NOT about not eating the oceans resources....
it's about the monumental waste that is called long lining...

EVERYONE needs to see this movie.....

Looks interesting, and it happens to be playing by me. Might see it on Friday as I'll actually have a little bit of free time.

Lucky guys :D

I've seen the preview and am looking forward to see it in French theaters but it will probably take another 6 months before it gets here

I will have to wait until it is released on DVD since our local theater will undoubtedly not carry it due to the fears people have about sharks out here on an "isolated" island off the Pacific coast. We never got Jaws (even though parts of it were filmed here) or similar films. Looking forward to seeing it.

It is a really good movie and I totally agree with Bill Fisher about how depressing it was to have the theater nearly to ourselves. At first we thought it was just going to be my husband and I but I'd say about 8 people ended up filing in. I hope they get Discovery Channel to play this (even if it's just for shark week next year).

Now that I've been diving with sharks in our local aquarium and in Honduras I've overcome that fear of them that most of us have grown up with. Even if you aren't a big fan of sharks, you might be upset to see how many other creatures are killed from long line fishing when the fishermen are just after the sharks. They haul the sharks out of the water and cut off all their fins, one sharks head was nearly severed and then they threw it back in the water and it was still alive. Not very humane and all so it can texture some soup or make someone think they have the strength of a shark.

Hey everyone.

I have been watching/waiting for this movie to come here to northern cal (Sacramento)

It is starting to sound like it wont happen???

Can anyone tell me anything about if it will or wont??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom