Sharm El Sheikh "local dives"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Defeinitely not a rip off. As mentioned in other posts, basically you do a guided tour of the house reef. They make sure your skills are up to par. As an instructor, I've had to do this just like everyone else. It is pretty much a standard there. The house reefs there can be pretty good and will blow away a lot of other diving in local spots like the caribbean. We've stayed in sharks bay twice now and the house reef there is pretty good.

If you get the chance head down to Dahab and do the Bells Blue Hole dive.. its great.. and you can meet a very friendly pipe fish on route from Bells to the Blue Hole! Can't wait to get back to Dahab!

I mean up to Dahab.. its north of Sharm :eek:)

If you get the chance head down to Dahab and do the Bells Blue Hole dive.. its great.. and you can meet a very friendly pipe fish on route from Bells to the Blue Hole! Can't wait to get back to Dahab!

Unfortunately, I wont get the chance to do that..

I totally agree ... but then I would.

I live there ... lmao

mail me when you are coming over next time and I can practice my English English .. lol

Whalesharks tend to feed at the surface, so im not surprised that its near the surface you see them. Theire truely amazing creatures which I have had the pleasure of playing with before. Sure, I wouldnt mind "swimming in the pool" if I had a week available only for diving, but I dont and want the most out of the dives I actually get to do, and from what people say, what im looking for is at Rash Mohammed, where I might be unable to get to dive when Im down there..

(yeah, I know, I might have high expectations)

In all seriousness, I prefer Tiran to Ras Mo. There are too many boats at Ras Mo, and a lot of divers in the water.
Its like diver soup.

Sharks bay has its own jetty and gets to tiran in 30 minutes.
much better than an hour to Ras Mo from Na'ama bay.
Tiran is the place to see large pelagics and not so many divers. Its also easier to do 3 dives a day from Sharks bay to tiran and still be back by 5pm.

You are normally going in for dive 2 when the majority of dive boats are arriving from Na'ama for their first dive.

Ok Belushi! Less of the laughing at my expense! So you and Red Sea Shadow live in Dahab? If you are nice to me I may bring u over some marmite & PG Tips (although I am more of a fan of Earl Grey!)...

I cannot wait to get there! So are you a freelane Instructor or do u work for one of the dive centres?

I dont like Marmite or tea, and Red Sea is Egyptian, so Im not sure if he has ever had marmite ...

I am an instructor for a German DC called Inmo Divers, they are about as far away from your friends along the sea front as possible .. lol

Currently sitting in Funny Mummy's drinking a strawberry juice, watching the bedouin kids fishing.

Right next to the sea .. sigh ... Dahab is such a stressful life!! :)

Back
Top Bottom