Sharm Trip Report 4 - 12 June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Asser. It's been almost 10 years since I last dived down to the arch.

Thanks for the report! We're going to Sharm on the 19th of July - can't wait!

The city of Sharm was an amazing visual explosion.

Take a look at the two "Sharm" albums in my folders at http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd106/Doc_Adelman/

Thanks for the report and memories! The Thistlegorm was truly a SCUBA Wonder of the World!

Andy, I'd definitely go macro. I'm definitely no fish expert but everything we saw was really small except for a turtle. From 15 metres upward the coral garden is outstanding but much the same as we saw on most dives off the liveaboard. We entered about 100 metres from the blue hole (looks alot like the picture on Asser's profile), swam along the wall and then entered the blue hole at the end of the dive. All in all we only spent about 10 minutes in the blue hole and I spent most of that time watching the free divers.

Pterbj7, our guide from Sinai Dahab advised that she's not allowed to take us through the arch. We could go down to about 40 metres but would have to trun around and come back up the way we'd descended. Due to the number of divers on the site our guide decided not to so we only spent a few minutes in the first cavern.

Back
Top Bottom