Shearwater Keyman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do I want to pay extra to cover the cost of an "influencer" getting a discount?

Depends on the influencer. For example sending a the new models computers to a influencer that will get 20-30k views on a review video might be worth it. That might be a lot of exposure in their target market for $1k in cost.

I think I’ll go clean up that dried furball I’ve been pretending to be too busy to deal with.

Some people in the dive industry are more than willing to help others in the industry out. We know what instructors get paid so helping fellow instructors out with keyman deals for products their shop doesn't carry comes down to being a decent human being. Finding it "Hilarious" that someone is asking for help is pathetic. If you disagree you should just keep your opinion to yourself.
SW has strict pricing policies as far I have heard - so, unless your dive shop is willing to take less profit, I’d guess SW would have little interest in taking a hit with a specific dealer. Your group of instructors would be a drop in bucket in terms of unit volumes and I’m pretty sure that SW has no problems selling every unit they make!

Maybe a better approach would be to get a group of instructors together and approach SW directly to see if they would set up a program for discounted prices for dive instructors at all dealers.

Hello!

Myself and a handful of instructors are wanting to get Shearwater computers for our "fun diving" setups but our retail manager simply refuses to open an account or carry them in the store. We've had plenty of customers request them and we lose sales because of it.

Would anyone be willing to help out with some cost and/or keyman deals?
Thanks a bunch!!
Your shop may be unable to get a Shearwater dealership. SW are protective of their dealer network. We had to wait until a shop near us closed before we were able to become resellers.

The margins on SW are really low. Especially when measured against Huish or Scubapro so the motivation to become a dealer is proportionally lower.

Goid luck in this quixotic quest. My advice is to go work for another LDS that resells them and earn it that way.

That’s the mystery question that no one wants to reveal. It should be pointed out that dealers make no money at all on keyman items. They have to “prove” that the recipient is a valued store employee in professional status. It’s a benefit to compensate for the lousy wages they receive and major effort they expend helping the LDS. The idea of ordering and selling to anyone who asks is laughable.

Right, the manufacturers also benefit from the advertising.

Does no one else find it strange that the only posts that the OP, and the poster who is echoing him, have made since 2016 are in this thread. And that they are both rather bent out of shape at the other posters. Seems a lot like when SB accounts were getting hacked a couple of years ago.
Just say’n.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Yes, both were dormant accounts since 2016 and 2011. Both logged in yesterday and immediately changed the password.

I’m looking into it.

598D1E31-2960-4DDF-8B38-3E013415672E.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom