Shearwater Keyman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on the influencer. For example sending a the new models computers to a influencer that will get 20-30k views on a review video might be worth it. That might be a lot of exposure in their target market for $1k in cost.
I'm thinking of it from the customer's perspective, not the manufacturer's.

Turning it around, sure, if the added cost to me as buyer is minimal and the pros who tell me why they got what they got is helpful to me, then it makes sense.

(And I'm the first to acknowledge hypocrisy on this: I want the discount for myself, but don't want to pay for it for others!)

There’s a reason it’s not staying civil. A couple people being asses.

This is one of the reason why more people don’t engage on Scubaboard. So what you don’t like the question. Just Ignore it. Is this how you act at the dive site? Sad behavior.

The cheapest way to get into Shearwater is to buy used. The same folks that pay $1000 every time an IPhone comes out, buy the newest Shearwater every time they release one. You could get a petrel dirt cheap used.

Hell, I’m still using my predator as a CC backup…why upgrade? It has the same functionality as the newer models, minus AI…which I don’t use anyway.

The cheapest way to get into Shearwater is to buy used. The same folks that pay $1000 every time an IPhone comes out, buy the newest Shearwater every time they release one. You could get a petrel dirt cheap used.

Hell, I’m still using my predator as a CC backup…why upgrade? It has the same functionality as the newer models, minus AI…which I don’t use anyway.

Yup I’ve got a petrel for sale. Excellent shape.

Turning it around, sure, if the added cost to me as buyer is minimal and the pros who tell me why they got what they got is helpful to me, then it makes sense.

Well I was speaking of a handful of closely chosen influencers getting them as part of a new model release vs an open keyman program. I think that Shearwater is in a position that an open keyman programs doesn't benefit them. They are the default computer for tech divers.

Whereas on the release of a new model they want to get the model to selected influencers that can show off the new features and get people excited to purchase them.

There’s a reason it’s not staying civil. A couple people being asses.

This is one of the reason why more people don’t engage on Scubaboard. So what you don’t like the question. Just Ignore it. Is this how you act at the dive site? Sad behavior.

I'm a really nice guy. Really. Divers on here who know me personally will confirm. But when I see BS posts on here I'm happy to call BS.

I have a thick skin. I don't give a blip if you like me calling out the BS. But you're welcome to voice your opinion. On the other hand, you clearly don't believe the same.

Well I was speaking of a handful of closely chosen influencers getting them as part of a new model release vs an open keyman program. I think that Shearwater is in a position that an open keyman programs doesn't benefit them. They are the default computer for tech divers.

Whereas on the release of a new model they want to get the model to selected influencers that can show off the new features and get people excited to purchase them.
Most influencers are just paid shills - I’m amazed at how many fools just follow along with what’s these folks say. There might be exceptions but, generally, it’s still just paid advertising. I put more faith in forums or completely independent reviewers.

Most influencers are just paid shills - I’m amazed at how many fools just follow along with what’s these folks say. There might be exceptions but, generally, it’s still just paid advertising. I put more faith in forums or completely independent reviewers.

Don't disagree, in fact the way to tell if a product is bad among the honest ones, is to see what they don't review.

Back
Top Bottom