Shearwater Perdix AI Random Dives Caused from Freezing???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe start bringing the electronic inside when it’s that cold outside.
My perdix gets brought inside rinsed in the sink and left to dry on a drying rack. It stays there until I'm told to put it away or I remember to take and hang it up closet. It only goes in the case when traveling to a site.

My perdix gets brought inside rinsed in the sink and left to dry on a drying rack. It stays there until I'm told to put it away or I remember to take and hang it up closet. It only goes in the case when traveling to a site.
That is way too fancy for me!

My perdix gets rinsed (along with all my other gear) the next time I dive fresh water (which admittedly is quite a bit). I just need to change some things around to where I bring the important bits inside.

That is way too fancy for me!

My perdix gets rinsed (along with all my other gear) the next time I dive fresh water (which admittedly is quite a bit). I just need to change some things around to where I bring the important bits inside.
I'm only getting out once every week or two right now. The freezing weather a few weeks ago messed up my rinse cycle because everything would have been solid before it dried. Everything except my perdix and camera stayed in my tote until the next dive. Last week my hood had a new smell so I had to do some real cleaning on everything lol.

Havent read the entire thing, but yes it is possible. Mine has logged a decent number of dives after getting out of 40* water into 0* air and being left frozen in the car overnight.
Well there you go... at least someone else experienced the same thing!

Response from Shearwater;

"I have not seen anything like this but if water remains in the hole leading to the depth pressure sensor, as the water freezes it expands. This puts pressure on the depth sensor causing erroneous readings. I'd recommend sending the computer to Dive-Tronix for inspection to check the unit and see if there's service necessary or not."

Response from Shearwater;

"I have not seen anything like this but if water remains in the hole leading to the depth pressure sensor, as the water freezes it expands. This puts pressure on the depth sensor causing erroneous readings. I'd recommend sending the computer to Dive-Tronix for inspection to check the unit and see if there's service necessary or not."
"Always have your scuba equipment inspected and/or serviced by a factory-authorized technician before use."

I would expect that in any official response to a question that could have any potential bearing on some sort of mis-performance or damage. "Sounds reasonable. Good luck." in not a corporate CYA response. (See the law firm that lists Shark and Stingray attacks as potential causes of action stemming from Scuba Tank Failures in the tank-filling thread if you are wondering why.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom