Shearwater Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To say people love their Peregrines is generally an understatement. I assume you know about the new Tern watch which comes in a budget-friendly non-AI form?
I saw that. A bit more expensive than the peregrine. I don't need AI. What are the benefits of the Tern over peregrine?

My wife, son, and I all use Peregrines and have found them to be excellent. The interface and colored display are great. My only complaint is the app. While it's simple to use for updating the computer, it isn't the easiest for logging dives.

My son did have a minor issue with his depth gauge which seemed to correct itself, but they still ended up fully replacing the pressure sensor just to be certain. Their customer service is some of the best I've experienced.

My wife, son, and I all use Peregrines and have found them to be excellent. The interface and colored display are great. My only complaint is the app. While it's simple to use for updating the computer, it isn't the easiest for logging dives.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I can't say enough good things about my Peregrine. I've got 25 or so dives on mine and haven't had any problems. Its interface is very intuitive and simple to understand, and the display is bright and easily readable in all conditions. I agree with CD24 that the Shearwater app isn't all that great for logging, but Subsurface easily fills that gap. My Peregrine replaced a relatively inexpensive and popular computer that I just never really connected with, and I remain completely satisfied with my choice.

It’s a great computer and strongly recommend it. I wear it on my D ring as a back up to my Perdix AI. The battery lasts for a very long time before you need to recharge it. The large screen is great underwater and the menu is easy to use and to customize the screen.

here is a list of computers people buy to replace their peregrine:
perdix ai (shearwater)
tern ai (shearwater)
teric ai (shearwater)
another peregrine
to give you an idea of the type of loyalty and appreciation people have of their peregrines

If it were me? I'd get a tern ai, but I like ai. Get the peregrine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom