Shearwater Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like you can set up the home screen however you like and configure the display. It even has a "Big" number display. I might buy the Tern TX but not the transmitter. I have no need for that foolishness :wink:. I would use the Peregrine as primary and the Tern as backup and compass. I will need to see one in person to see if I can see it! Kind of expensive.
The Tern TX and the Swift transmitter are being sold as a bundle with a $100 savings on the Swift, 25%. If you did not want to use the transmitter, someone else probably would.

The Tern TX and the Swift transmitter are being sold as a bundle with a $100 savings on the Swift, 25%. If you did not want to use the transmitter, someone else probably would.
:wink:, I would not really toss it in the trash. I would either give it away to somebody who could use it or save it for a rainy day, for some particular dive where that sort of info overload might be useful. Since it seems possible to get the Tern TX without, that is the best option.

We have two Peregrines. They have been perfect, easy to set up, no fuss in use. No complaints and easy to read displays.

As mentioned earlier, you can buy the TX alone.

I have had some issues with condensation under the screen on mine. Having said that, guess which customer service department took care of the problem, promptly. 375 dives on mine; which I purchased in 2020 when they 1st came out. I love the bigger screen format, as opposed to a watch style, mainly because of my eyes. You will never have to fumble around trying to hit the light button on this computer, very easy to read.

I have had some issues with condensation under the screen on mine. Having said that, guess which customer service department took care of the problem, promptly. 375 dives on mine; which I purchased in 2020 when they 1st came out. I love the bigger screen format, as opposed to a watch style, mainly because of my eyes. You will never have to fumble around trying to hit the light button on this computer, very easy to read.
Saw the same from our dive guide in curacao. He had the Grey one with condensation .. wife and I have the og blue black ones that have been great.. only about 40 dives each on ours

150 ish dives on mine and I love it. It's so easy to use, yes you can customize the screen, but the default one is useful information and easy to read so I haven't felt the need. My only "complaint" is that it is large on my petite wrists, but not obnoxiously so.

I did have an issue with one of the buttons becoming unresponsive. I contacted shearwater and got it repaired in a week at no cost. They noted this is sometimes an issue with the first ones that came out, and has been resolved, so buying one now unlikely to happen, but also a really positive experience with their service team.

I did have an issue with one of the buttons becoming unresponsive. I contacted shearwater and got it repaired in a week at no cost. They noted this is sometimes an issue with the first ones that came out, and has been resolved, so buying one now unlikely to happen, but also a really positive experience with their service team.
Good to hear that the issue was resolved. One thing, though is that this may still be possible if diving in saltwater. The Peregrine has buttons that can move. If saltwater dries in the button, it can affect function. To avoid, soak the computer for a bit in warmish topwater after dives in salt water.

I have the Peregrine, wife has the Tern. Both have bright, easy to read screens. But, unlike the Peregrine, the Tern has no ability to customise warning times. Also, be aware that only the TX version of the Tern has a compass.

I have the Peregrine, wife has the Tern. Both have bright, easy to read screens. But, unlike the Peregrine, the Tern has no ability to customise warning times. Also, be aware that only the TX version of the Tern has a compass.
Yeah… that was a big surprise losing the depth and time alarms.

Someone pointed out it’s because the Tern is actually the Teric firmware with features removed instead of a repackaged Peregrine with more features.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom