Shearwater Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In our diving household, we went from:

me: Cochran Commander -> Cochran EMC20 -> Petrel1 -> Perdix AI (and then purchased a second Perdix AI)

wife: Mares Puck -> Cochran EMC20 (adopted from me) -> Peregrine

daughter: Oceanic Veo180nx -> Peregrine

No interest in "watch sized" with my 57 and wife's 60 year old eyes....

Would have liked to put them on AI if it was available in the Peregrine sized unit...

Loving my SW dive computers. Great across all lines.

Just bad logging software.... I use SubSurface.

That’s the best piece of gear that I own. I love it. I just wait for review on the tern Tx to see if I change it as I’m interested on AI and digital compass.
Another happy peregrine owner (with an extra peregrine for backup).

While others will try to suggest other computers, you asked about the Peregrine. I love mine. I've got over 200 dives on it and never have had any problems. I dived on an 11-day liveaboard recently and never had to charge it once. The always-lit display is fantastic, large, bright, and you don't have to switch screens or press buttons to navigate for information. Everything you need during a dive is right there in front of you.

Answer me this. If I bought a Tern TX and elected to toss the transmitter in the trash would the compass still work and would there be a bunch of ------ spaces all over the screen?

Because the only thing, and I mean the ONLY thing, I do not like about the Peregrine is the lack of a compass function. Pulling the bungee over my hand for my compass bruises my hand and my compass went TU last trip (I think a tank got set on it).

As with most SW models, I'd figure you could configure the screen to a layout you wish....

I suggest downloading the manual and see what it says you can do.

Ive got one for sale that hasn’t been used. Let me know if you’re interested.

Love my Peregrine. Grab and go, just be sure to set the gas as appropriate. (Hack: “Nitrox 21%” = air.) My buddy saw mine in action and immediately bought one too.

As with most SW models, I'd figure you could configure the screen to a layout you wish....

I suggest downloading the manual and see what it says you can do.
It looks like you can set up the home screen however you like and configure the display. It even has a "Big" number display. I might buy the Tern TX but not the transmitter. I have no need for that foolishness :wink:. I would use the Peregrine as primary and the Tern as backup and compass. I will need to see one in person to see if I can see it! Kind of expensive.

Answer me this. If I bought a Tern TX and elected to toss the transmitter in the trash would the compass still work and would there be a bunch of ------ spaces all over the screen?
No need to toss the transmitter in the trash. You can buy the Tern TX without the transmitter. Then it should simply be a matter of turning AI off on the Tern TX. Then, you just select different information to display.

Compass will work fine with or without a transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom