Question Sherwood Moving Orifice I.D.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MR12111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Did sherwood use 2 different moving orifices in their old first stages ..The difference was that 1 had a smaller filter that set in the orifice the other was flat and the filter just sat on top of it .. getting back into this and trying to decide what reg to rebuild for my use ..I was a reg tech back in the 80's and sorta remember ..Is there any good place to even get parts for these ? Like maybe a Piston ?? Thanks for any help you can give ...Don

Did sherwood use 2 different moving orifices in their old first stages ..The difference was that 1 had a smaller filter that set in the orifice the other was flat and the filter just sat on top of it .. getting back into this and trying to decide what reg to rebuild for my use ..I was a reg tech back in the 80's and sorta remember ..Is there any good place to even get parts for these ? Like maybe a Piston ?? Thanks for any help you can give ...Don
I think you have just solved a mystery for me!

On a recent eBay victory I noticed that the first stage filter inlet looked a little odd (to me). But I have not yet torn it down to investigate.

Based on your query I checked the attached manual.

Yep, 2 different moving orifice options for the same first stage body. Standard Magnum II SRB3305 vs the Blizzard SRB3205.

The orifice have different (but extremely similar) part #s. Not sure if they are physically different?

Attachments

• SRB3200, SRB3300, SRB3400, SRB3400.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
I think you have just solved a mystery for me!

On a recent eBay victory I noticed that the first stage filter inlet looked a little odd (to me). But I have not yet torn it down to investigate.

Based on your query I checked the attached manual.

Yep, 2 different moving orifice options for the same first stage body. Standard Magnum II SRB3305 vs the Blizzard SRB3205.

The orifice have different (but extremely similar) part #s. Not sure if they are physically different?

Hello ..thanks for the reply ...yes ..they are different ..one uses a smaller filter and 2 retainers the # of spring "Bellville" washers on each is different .. I used 1 with the bigger filter and 5? washers ..it was coated for cold water I think looked newer and was the 1 I was most used to from when I worked on them .. Worked fine ..not sure if it makes any difference which one you use ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom