Sherwood Outback Power Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CrazyUncle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a second hand Sherwood Outback as a backup BC but it's missing the power inflator. Just looking for a standard inflator, not air source.

mind as well put a octo inflator that comes with the whole hose. kill 2 birds with one stone. Or on the other hand, anyone with the octo inflator should have one lying around.

Trident sells universal power inflators for $40 on various internet sites. If you avoid brand names it'll be under the $60 range.
Might be able to get it from your LDS, just ask them for a generic one.

I have two power inflators from other BC's, one Scubapro and one Seaquest. The problem is Sherwood has a different size thread at the point where it attaches to the BC. The two I have are to big for the Sherwood. I was hoping someone who converted to the octo/inflator might still have the inflator assembly laying around and would want to sell it.

Try Northeastscubasupply.com, they sell used equipment and may have what you're looking for....They're knowledgeable and can probably help or direct you to a solution.....

I have two power inflators from other BC's, one Scubapro and one Seaquest. The problem is Sherwood has a different size thread at the point where it attaches to the BC. The two I have are to big for the Sherwood. I was hoping someone who converted to the octo/inflator might still have the inflator assembly laying around and would want to sell it.

Don't try and replace the whole assembly (corrugated hose, elbow and inflator). Just replace the actual inflator itself. Then you can use the ScubaPro inflator, or the generic inflator.

Aqualung (US Divers, SeaQuest) and Oceanic use a 1/2 diameter corrugated hose so their inflators will not work with the corrugated hose you have. The ScubaPro uses a 1" diameter hose so it will.

The inflators come in just three sizes (1/2" (Oceanic, Aqualung), 3/4"(Mares), and 1" (Almost everyone else). The shoulder threading joint comes in at least ten different varieties that I have seen. Sometimes you can cross brands, but ScubaPro for instance, has at least six different shoulder thread designs they have used in BCDs.

You will have far better luck replacing just the inflator.

Back
Top Bottom