Sherwood SR2 low cracking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After making
adjustments per the service manual, I can’t seem to get the crack effort above .5 inches of water. Any help would be appreciated.

After making the adjustments per the service manual, I can’t seem to get the crack effort above .5 inches of water. Any help would be appreciated.
Is this the manual you have? https://www.splash.co.nz/content/SR-1 Second Stage 08.pdf

The adjustment procedure is on pages 139-144.

If this is done correctly and you still have a problem, perhaps something in the lever is bent. Was this is a working reg that you serviced or did it come to you with this problem?

Yes, that’s the manual I have. It came this way, if I turn the knob in a couple of times, it works perfectly. But with it fully counter clockwise, I have low OE. Puzzling.

... if I turn the knob in a couple of times, it works perfectly. But with it fully counter clockwise, I have low OE. Puzzling.
I'm not understanding the problem. That's what the adjustment knob is for.

The problem is that turning in the knob also covers the asperator hole, that’s the predive setting.

.5 with the knob fully out is below spec. From what I read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom