Shipping gear for a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracyKent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was hoping to do a weekend (Saturday) dive sometime before winter sets in around Pensacola. My thought was to dive the Oriskany, but I also want to ride my motorcycle down Friday and back Sunday with a buddy, so carrying my gear will probably not be the best idea. Does anyone think that a dive shop will have a problem receiving my gear early in the week and then shipping it back for me after I leave? Not shipping tanks, but everything else. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

See my posts at the above thread for some specific suggestions and sample costs.

My only other suggestions are to check with the shop first, allow sufficient transit time, pack in a sturdy box that will be re-usable for the return trip (don't forget to pack a roll of tape inside) and prepare your return label in advance, possibly buying and printing an on-line label.

One problem you might have is time to dry your equipment before packing for the return trip. If time is tight, pack 2 or 3 garbage bags to triple-wrap damp stuff so the moisture doesn't destroy the shipping carton. Have a great series of dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom