Shockwave vs. UK eLED 8?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Out of my 4 dive lights, only 1 is LED. It makes a ton of light out of the water, but is almost useless diving.

I've used my UK eLED on about 50 dives now and had a chance to compare it to other lights (including some 10w canisters). Obviously, it is outshine easily by HID lights, but I was still able to signal those divers.

Here in the PNW it gets dark early and especially with the plankton blooming. (Most daytime dives below 80fsw absolutely require lights)

I remember reading the light review on scubadiving.com and I believe both the Princeton and the UK LED lights received very high ratings. I have a feeling you'll be happy with both.

UK sells an LED module that drops into the old C4/C8 lights. Does Princeton Tech have something similar for the Shockwave II? Can't find one, but then most places don't seem to sell the UK module either. Not sure if the rest of the Shockwave II & Shockwave LED are the same?

Princeton Tec as of now does not offer a drop in module for the shockwave or shockwave 2. They would rather you buy a whole new light. That's why I got my TL50 Extreme from nocturnal. With a 20 watt bulb it blows the LED out of the water. And I can change bulb wattage.

I use the Princton Tec Shockwave LED and love it. I did a night dive in a fresh water lake last weekend with 6 other divers I the PT Shockwave LED was the brightest of them all. There was an article in Scuba Diving mag a couple of months ago, here is a link to it.
http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/dive_lights/new_generation_dive_lights/

I own 3 P. Tec lights including the Shockwave LED and love all three of them. I had to send in my Eco flare back becuase it flooded due to a faulty o-ring and as soon as I called them they said, "Send it in... we'll replace it!" No questions asked.

That type of service earns my business everytime.

Wys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom