Shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

* Breakers Reef shallow...you park on the Public Beach on the island of Palm Beach, as far north as the meter parking allows...then walk north down the beach-when you reach the big Breakers building, swim out in line with the wall of the foundation/wall of the south side of the building...First you get to a coral covered pier wrecked by a hurricaine 70 or so years ago....then 150 feet further out than the pier goes, there are a few mooring balls you will see, that mark ledges on the bottom in 18 to 25 feet of water.

Dan: how much north current is there at this site: I've always been concerned that this dive could rountinely turn into an unintended drift dive.

I believe that people used to park on Sunset or Sunrise a little north of here on the island to do a similar dive but I think the street parking has been changed to permit parking only if I recall correctly (or maybe just shortened to an hour parking)

Dan: how much north current is there at this site: I've always been concerned that this dive could rountinely turn into an unintended drift dive.

I believe that people used to park on Sunset or Sunrise a little north of here on the island to do a similar dive but I think the street parking has been changed to permit parking only if I recall correctly (or maybe just shortened to an hour parking)
Very mild current on the 20 foot deep reefline....anchoring by boats for divers is routine here. The old pier is ideal for a first time diver, and the coral is excellent....there is so much life on it, that the sounds of the reef life almost hurt your ears....depth on this is about 6 to 7 feet.

I think I'm going to try to dive Pepper Park/St. Lucie area this weekend. I've been looking at the forecast and Saturday and Sunday look the best. If any local divers would like to meet and dive I would appreciate it. I am thinking of getting there about 7:30/8:00ish. But still no definite location yet. Any suggestions in that area that I should check out?

I think I've decided on diving Rio Mar in Vero Beach. If any body has any insight to this area or would like to dive with me just post up.

Riomar is some really nice diving. But the viz is about zero at the moment. Riomar needs 3-4 days of calm, clear weather before it's diveable. It is my favorite local spot with grouper, shark, turtles and more all within 300 feet of shore.

I think on Saturday, we're going to dive Pepper Park which tends to have better viz. On thursday, Pepper Park was a mud dive. we had planned to hit it today, but decided to wait for it to clear a bit. based on the weather, we're hoping for 7'-10' viz for saturday and hopefully better on sunday.
based on tides, i'm expecting we'll plan to be in the water by 10am on saturday.

Riomar is some really nice diving. But the viz is about zero at the moment. Riomar needs 3-4 days of calm, clear weather before it's diveable. It is my favorite local spot with grouper, shark, turtles and more all within 300 feet of shore.

I think on Saturday, we're going to dive Pepper Park which tends to have better viz. On thursday, Pepper Park was a mud dive. we had planned to hit it today, but decided to wait for it to clear a bit. based on the weather, we're hoping for 7'-10' viz for saturday and hopefully better on sunday.
based on tides, i'm expecting we'll plan to be in the water by 10am on saturday.

Thanks for the info Sheeper. It actually looks like I will be doing this dive on Sunday now and hoping since NOAA is calling for calm water from now through Sunday night the viz will somewhat ok. I will be entering just north or RioMar at Humiston Park. If you have any better suggestions please let me know.

Riomar was looking really murky today. we hit pepper park with 3' viz. Tomorrow (sunday) should be better and i'd hope for 8'-10' foot viz.
we'll be at the north end of Pepper Park by 9:30am.

Riomar was looking really murky today. we hit pepper park with 3' viz. Tomorrow (sunday) should be better and i'd hope for 8'-10' foot viz.
we'll be at the north end of Pepper Park by 9:30am.
I will be there with two other divers. I look forward to seeing you and maybe you could show us the area.

Datura ave in LBTS was cool enough for 3 dives yesterday! 2 day and 1 night dive last night. We are going riding motorcycles today and hitting BHB and a beach dive tomorrow.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom