Shore Diving and Truck Rentals for 2024 Bonaire Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving tourists have probably made it not worthwhile for them to go so far south. Good job.
There were plenty of trucks in and out , and few tourists on shore , and others snorkeling, maybe that deter

Gayle and I would likely be interested in getting in on a truck with someone(s). Would seem silly to go to Bonaire and not do some shore diving after all. :)

We both can drive manual transmissions as well.

Gayle and I would likely be interested in getting in on a truck with someone(s). Would seem silly to go to Bonaire and not do some shore diving after all. :)

We both can drive manual transmissions as well.
If we're on the same team again in Bonaire, it would make sense for us to team up on a truck. And we could probably take on a single diver as well.

Single diver, interested in getting in on a truck for shore diving.

Can drive manual transmission.
Willing to Rent and Share, or share what someone else has and help drive etc.

I learned to drive stick at age 12 in a Willy ... , that was just few years ago,

I learned to drive manual transmission In a Jeep at my uncles farm …. There clarified
I learned on an Austin-Healy Sprite, age 13 on back-roads [and we're ignoring the legality of that as I'm sure statute of limitations has passed].

But my first "owned by me" vehicle was a Willys Jeep gifted to me by a family friend at 16. Took me a hot-minute to remember "Reverse" was where first was, after learning on a 4-speed, and I never really appreciated the fact it was a classic back then, but it was a great vehicle.

Manual transmission is what we learn in Europe, haha. I almost never drive automatic transmission. Funny to read that people have to think about that.

About safety: Let your gar unlocked. Nothing in the car. It can be stolen on the whole island. You don't have to worry about your personal safety, that is ok, but of course don't look it up.
I was 2.5 years ago on Bonaire and had a lot of fun, did 4 dives a day. All shore dives. Boatdives only bring extra costs and no more fun.
Solodiving is also no problem on Bonaire.
Have fun you all.

I’m interested. Here’s the bumper sticker on my daily:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 30
Single diver here. I can drive a stick and push, if need be. Also good at loading and unloading gear.

I may or may not be able to do a lot of shore diving, that remains to be seen once we are onBonaire again.
Having said that I will do some, as much as I can, and definitely would help with the truck.
As Pete says, do not ignore the wise advice about crime, it is present, everywhere and was ongoing just before Covid.
On that note, we try to.get rentals on Bonaire that do NOT have key chip ignition, but as that became more difficult my brother, Dale, acquired a good, waterproof container to stow the key in while diving.
You do not want to try to hide anything in your truck, as theft on Bonaire seems to be very spur of the moment, opportunity dependant, and an hour underwater, + or -, can leave a lot of opportunity.
As many others here, I am quite comfortable on a stick shift, as I drive one regularly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom