shore diving made easy?.....seriously????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is this book out of print? I am having a hard time finding copy. Amazon out of stock....e bay none listed... I wanted a copy for us and a.copy for our friends that are going .... if I cannot find copies maybe we should just go to Jamaica? Anyone have copies for sale? Thanks Bill

:shakehead: ??? WTF ???? ...Really ??? Really ??? ....great introduction Bill :shakehead:

Seriously, you are considering canceling a trip because a single book is difficult to find(in your own words), "WTF?" I bet you that you can find this book at just about any dive shop on the island. I know Dive Friends Yellow Submarine carried it. Check out the link below to get some ideas of Bonaire shore dives. Hang in there, you just might find your lifeline to the island...
Scuba Shore Diving Region: ABC Islands

Is this book out of print? I am having a hard time finding copy. Amazon out of stock....e bay none listed... I wanted a copy for us and a.copy for our friends that are going .... if I cannot find copies maybe we should just go to Jamaica? Anyone have copies for sale? Thanks Bill

Goodness gracious.. You don't need to go dive somewhere else. You can buy the book on the island. Really it's not difficult to shore dive on bonaire..... Find a painted rock.. Pull in.. Use common sense entry and go enjoy the spender of the sea.
Even compass navigation is simple, just find yourself a piece of coral At the reef to remember when you exit. You will be fine.
If you have apprehension at first the dive shop of your choice can take you before you enjoy dive freedom of bonaire.

trust me honey, it will be okay and you will LOVE Bonaire Divers Paradise.

---------- Post added October 8th, 2014 at 10:29 PM ----------

Okay, SNORKEL is how you spell snorkel, not snorekl. That may be the problem finding the book .....just saying......

bonaire 102.jpgbonaire 113.jpgbonaire 124.jpgbonaire 137.jpgbonaire 157.jpgEnjoy your trip....

Jim

My attempt at levity obviously crashed and burned. I will keep my day job! Note to self....do not post while drinking margaritas. We have been to JA. and the diving there sucked. I had found the link on Google but it is PayPal only and I had some problems with my Pay Pal account in the past and am kinda gun shy. We will be going to Bonaire in late April with out of state friends....I wanted to surprise them with the book and was shocked so few places carried it. We are spending so much time on this board researching Bonaire but sometimes it is nice to have a hard copy ( yes we are old school). I.am sure I will have many more stupid questions and hope all is forgiven ... we need you help and wisdom! Thanks Bill

It's a neat book, and I like mine, but it's not necessary to have. Can come in handy at times, like if any entry is a bit tricky.

I anticipate you guys will have a great time on Bonaire.

Richard.

P.S.: A sense of humor generally evolves through the experience of trial and error. If you're not willing to blow it once in awhile, you will never be funny!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom