Shore Snorkeling Destinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That link is great.
Caymaniac:eek:

Toe once bubbled...
Hi. My girlfriend and I are looking for a place in the Caribbean where we can do a lot of good shore snorkeling without spending a fortune.

We just went to Bonaire recently and really liked it. However, the snorkeling there appears to not be as good as it used to be, due to a recent storm surge that reportedly knocked out a lot of the shallow corals. And since we were just there, we'd like to try somewhere else anyway.<snip>

I missed the part where you mention when you want to go.. :)
I still second the Ambergris Caye idea for mixing snorkeling with sightseeing and avoiding the mob. I was last there in Dec 2000, and barring the overabundance of mosquitoes had the time of my life. Eat- relax- snorkel-relax-eat-sleep-relax-snorkel-relax-eat...you get the idea. If you go, try the Caribe Island Resort just south of San Pedro, quiet, but pink condos. As to birdwatching, try the Lamanai Ruins trip. Our guide was an ornithologist. lol

I wasn't certified for diving at the time so my only option was snorkeling. Late 2007, I made two separate trips to Curacao for work. Both trips were 45 days plus, and I worked evenings. That gave me plenty of time in the morning to snorkel.

My first trip we stayed at Breezes Curacao, and they have a nice breakwater running parallel to the beach which was great for exploring. The second trip we stayed at the Hilton, and it was on the beach as well and had good things to see in the water.

I also worked with two guys that were divers, and they frequently dove almost every day from the numerous shore dive locations on the island. I usually tagged along with them, and while they were making their kick out to the reef, i was exploring the beach are itself. There are NUMEROUS places on Curacao to keep you happy on a vacation and wishing you had more time left for other spots.

My three favorite places on Curacao(no particular order) is the tugboat, alice in wonderland, and playa lagun.

Toe hasn't been on the board since Dec. 2002 when he started this thread.

Back
Top Bottom