Should i come to Dubai for diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thesaltyfins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all
I will plan a trip to Dubai around mid Jan next year only if there are any good dive options in dubai or for that matter in Fujairah.

Dubai aquarium and deep dive dubai are two tourism based diving options , but would prefer to not look at them for now.

Apart from that any other suggestions?

Looking at doing 8-10 dives.

Any guidance on the above will be helpful

Regards

Diving here is good. Nothing like Egypt or Indonesia and nearby.

It depends on your expectations.
I mean, don't come here just for diving. May as well go to Egypt or the Maldives.

If you're coming anyways and would like to dive, then it's great.
Fujairah if about 70 to 85 minutes away.
Very good diving.
Temperature will be between 22 and 24. Dive centers will provide a wet suit.

@hedonist222
Thanks for chiming in. Plan was to come only for diving if its really worth.

Maldives done many times, so not really interested. Egypt is planned for mid 2024.

Regards.

Its between 27 to 28 from May to October
Then 24 to 25 from October to early December
Then 22 to 23 from December to February
These temperatures can vary considerably depending on what part of UAE you are diving.

Generally over the past few years we've seen temperatures on the bottom 24-30m at around 23C Jan to August off Fujairah city. Further north it has been warmer off Aqah and Dibba. If you are planning multiple dives over several days you will need to take this into consideration.

Over the past few days we've had 26/27C.

Several of us use drysuits in the winter.

Off Dubai in the winter, the temperature drop to 18-19C, in the summer from June-October it will be around 32C, although this year we had temps of 35C

UAE has some interesting dive sites but it's not world class by any means.

If coming over for a trip it's worth including Oman in the itinerary for some variation.

I just checked again and the OP mentioned mid January, it will be cold, weather unpredictable and possible cancellations of boats going out especially on the east coast.

My advice would be to visit and dive in June or Sep/Oct/Nov.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom