Should I keep or return My Tusa X-pert splits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diehl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I start my dive class in a few weeks and have read alot of bad reviews on the Tusa X-pert fins which my LDS and instructor told me to get. I live in Florida and will do mostly beach dives so the current I think will be a problem. I was going to see if I can trade them for the Volo Powers around the same price. What do you guys think? :06:

My son uses Xpert zooms and loves them, I've borrowed them on occassion and like them too, we've never had any problem in current. I've only tried the volo's once but I didn't like them at all. Since you've already bought the Xpert zoom's, why not give them a try before making a decision on getting rid of them.

Good luck with your class.

mmcdds:
My son uses Xpert zooms and loves them, I've borrowed them on occassion and like them too, we've never had any problem in current. I've only tried the volo's once but I didn't like them at all. Since you've already bought the Xpert zoom's, why not give them a try before making a decision on getting rid of them.

Good luck with your class.

Thanks, I probably will. Just not happy when I found out that they were not the stiffer X-perts that I bought. But I am in good shape so I hope they will perform OK. I'm mostly going for Lobster

I have a pair of the black (stiffer) fins that I use when diving wet. I love em.

listen it does't matter what others think, try them out!

I have a pair and never wear them. They are terrible ........for me........in any current and I can get more speed out of my Mares Quattros.

Def try other fins and see how you like them.

i initially bought a pair of x-pert zooms, but decided to exchange them for the atomic liquidblues instead. review-wise, i think both fins perform comparably but the atomics have a slight edge overall.

if you're gonna do mostly beach dives, i would suggest checking out other split fins. i've read somewhere that the angled blades of the x-pert zooms make it slightly difficult to move on land and swim on the surface as compared to other fins.

as they all say, it's ultimately the comfort and the fit in a fin that matters. hope this helps and enjoy diving!

Return them right away. You must dive Jets and a Backplate and Wing to hang out here without getting abused.

(Only joking, dude)

Those are excellent fins, and only your comfort and approval matter. Swimming against current is more difficult no matter what fins you use, but the TUSAs are as good at this as any.

theskull

My uncle, whom I dive with quite often, has a pair of these and I have used them a couple times. I relly liked them when diving off a boat or in fresh water. For long surface swims, my Tusa Imprex fins are much better for me but I don't think the Xperts would really hinder me, just take me a little longer to get there.

One day, I will buy a pair of my own. But that is low on my equipment list... first things first... a better computer!

Back
Top Bottom