Show me your dive room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My garage ...

Garage-1.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I built a 10ft by 12ft room in the back corner of my garage, so I just have to back in the garage and unload the gear in the room. I put an old bathtub up on a platform, waist high so I don't have to bend over to rinse my gear. I put a micro furnace in there in the winter so everything don't freeze.

In my garage, I've built some wooden racks and installed stainless steel hooks on which I hang some of my gear. Other hooks are used to secure my tanks. I have some racks similar to TSM's where I hang and store still more stuff.

MAB_0001a.jpg

MAB_0003.JPG

MAB_0004.JPG

MAB_0002.JPG

I own a small 3 level condo w/o a garage, and limited storage so I wanted to prevent from getting cluttered with dive stuff all the time. My gear all gets stowed in dive bags and plastic bins in a closet or under beds during the "off season". I put in a nice tile mud floor in my basement, so when I get back from a dive everything gets hosed off outside then I throw towels on the tile and setup my drying rack consisting of 2 sets of 2 pieces of 2"x1" wood screwed together to make an X, then use a thick dowel rod across them. I have the nice thick hangers that fit well on the dowell. A dehumidifyer close by will dry everything out in about a day. Everything then gets neatly packed and is ready for loading into the car for the next dive, and the "drying rack" goes away in the furnace room out of sight. Tanks go under the stairs.

Cheeses and Louises Lynne! I should have known that a DIR gal would be so organized.

You'll laugh even harder when I admit that it was an article in Quest magazine that shamed me into doing it . . .

Wow. You guys have it good. Living in a small two bedroom apt in the Bronx, after diving I have to clean all my gear in the bathtub at the same time as I shower. As I clean each item of gear I put it on the bathroom floor in a big bin. I have to make sure I clean all the sand, grass or mud out of the bathtub before I'm done. My wife goes crazy if I forget. Then its about two days of dive gear drying all over the livingroom. When the gear is dry, I store it under the bed in three long bins. So I guess my dive room is also my bedroom. :)

You'll laugh even harder when I admit that it was an article in Quest magazine that shamed me into doing it . . .

Which issue was that? I've been trying to find it recently and can't put my finger on it...:11:

It's 8.4, article entitled, "A Constant State of Readiness".

ah the place for toys for big boys and girls.

I have created a DIVE wall of sorts. Since moving in to a new house two years ago with a garage. I was told to keep my toys there...hummm

The garage is 12 x 20 feet. The concept plan can be adjusted to what ever size is needed. I have to seal my floor before I can complete the locker system and added work bench. I also have to leave room for my other toy down the road. SO this idea was put down on paper and please feel free to use it at will. My gift to scubaboard.

The layout is adjustable and can be configured to what you need. The locker dimensions can be also changed to what ever is needed. You can put doors or not. But I like things neat and hidden. The EVAC fan from a bathroom can be used to help remove any humidity. I have not figured that out yet. Your comments are welcome.

I also have alot of outlets. I routed 2 power bars from two outles. Even if the door is closed. The chargers are working and out of the way. On the work bench there are outles just above the table top. The scooter rests under the work bench with its own charging station. So all the batteries are taken care of and out of the way. Even room for the powertools.

So use what ever. Once I am done. I will post the pics.

Stephen

Attachments

• divewall.pdf
    211.1 KB · Views: 339
  • inside storage locker.pdf
    200.1 KB · Views: 151
I installed racks near my bathroom ceiling and they kept my diving stuff neat (and allows water to drip into bath tub) for a while... Now the gear have slowly spread all over the rest of the house :D

Note: the Gavin and some of the AL40s are not mine. I'm merely looking after them...

Attachments

• IMG_5432.jpg
    IMG_5432.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_5433.jpg
    IMG_5433.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5434.jpg
    IMG_5434.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_5435.jpg
    IMG_5435.jpg