sidemount for deep diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do you sling deco bottles if your tanks were on your back? We can do it the same place :p or over the primary tanks - whatever.

Thanks, but my question was were DO you sling them not where could you
They can carry the tanks on top of their sidemount tanks or below them.

Do you SM guys use the space on the back somehow ?
When I sidemount it is because I can't get where I want to go without flattening my profile (no diet jokes, please :))... IOW, putting anything on my back would defeat the reason for going sidemount in the first place, so, for me at least, the answer is "no."

Rick

Sometimes, the restriction is a few stages back :)

When I sidemount it is because I can't get where I want to go without flattening my profile (no diet jokes, please :))... IOW, putting anything on my back would defeat the reason for going sidemount in the first place, so, for me at least, the answer is "no."

Rick

Not always true. I just did a dive this week in a river cave that has a section that cannot be passed by BM divers. I had 2 stages, both behind my SM tanks. It's a much lower profile than BM without stages. While this won't work in all SM passages, it will work in many.

Back
Top Bottom