Sigma 30mm under water anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jak Crow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I just got the Sigma 30mm lens for my birthday and that makes me want to see if anyone has tried this underwater on a M43 camera yet? It's about the same size as the 9-18 and 14-42 when they're not extended. If it would be a problem in the standard lens ports because of it's size, perhaps one of the Kenko extension tubes? Or will I be the first person to try this lens out? :cool2:

I've tried it out just the once Jak & got it working behind the flat port. I have a feeling the 19mm would be better because it focuses much closer (20 vs 30cm). I can give it another try in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
It worked but I wasn't amazed by the results. I will give it another go & post a few sample shots if you like.

That sounds good. I was thinking of getting the extension tubes and trying one of them with it on a dive.

So it looks like this isn't that much of a burning issue for me now since I now also have the new Oly 60mm lens. Took it out today for the first time.

Now that is a wonderful UW lens. You might not want to dive with anything else!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom