Silva compass on DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kltalsma

Registered
Reaction score
I recently got the change to buy a Suex XJO14 and also was given a Silva Compass (58)
I see this (or similar) compas on the bonex navigation unit and would like to use it on the scooter also.
Now i'm not really sure its the same compass and if its suitable to use under water.

Does anyone know if this compass can be used under water?, it has LED lighting but that is not needed.

It look a lot like this one:
navigation-unit.jpg

Regards

I can not speak for the version with lighting, but myself and several of my buddies use that same compass branded as Brunton.
It is definitely suitable for underwater with minor mod to attach it to the hull.

Kyung

The reviews talk about using a cigarette lighter to power the LED, so I imagine that it's nowhere near suitable for underwater use from a lighting standpoint. The compass itself may be suitable, but it seems that the lighting is not.

Thanks, the lighting not working is not a problem.
Supplier now said Silva does not make any waterproof compasses?, this seems weird.

Has anyone found a similar compass to the Silva on the subgravity navigation unit?

Interested to hear how deep any of you guys have taken these compass units to...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom