Similan/Richelieu liveaboard for under $500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recommend these guys, they had a special on for Baht 14900, they will collect you from Phuket, they are super friendly, great atmosphere on the boat, good DM's (Tik is especially good) and the food is AWESOME.
I got back last week and had a great time.

http://www.khaolakscubaadventures.com

Regards

DiverAndy,

I read on another thread that you were going to post a trip report about this trip. Is that coming anytime soon? I'd love to hear it.

I have narrowed my choices down to three boats:

M/V Dolphin Queen
M/V Carina
M/V Manta Queen

Does anybody have any experience with any of these boats?

Greg

bluetraveler:
The South Siam 4 (Sunrise Divers) does a three day/two night trip to the Similans and Richelieu Rock. Does anyone know anything about them?
I can recommend them as well. The boat is new (about a year old), and the food is good as well as the crew.
One thing: bring your own towel as they don't provide one for you.

You can also try these guys, the SB member who used to work at Sunrise divers is moving to this outfit soon:
http://www.divetheworldthailand.com/thailand-liveaboard-le-mahe-information.htm

23Greg23,

Yeah, I am preparing the report, but I am in Saudi on business at the moment so I am not able to access my notes. I will be back in Dubai on the 15th, so will do it then. I am also going to add maps and my dive profiles as PDF's so you can see what a crap diver I am....hahahahaha. Seriously, I am excited about getting the report up as I believe that people need to be aware of the offerings Phuket/Khao Lak have. These people live on the tourism, and the Tsunami has taken away their lifeblood temporarily, we need to give it back, and then some!
Will do it as soon as I am back home.

Regards

Thanks MoonWrasse! Good to know.

23Greg23, I just noticed also that the South Siam from Sunrise Divers also leaves from Thap Lamu. I emailed them and they will pick you up in Phuket where their office is or in Khao Lak if you stay there. The other thing is, I guess you can stay as long as you want-so if you're having a good time and don't want to leave you don't have to! :) I've never been to Thailand so I'm not trying to talk you into one thing or another but just thought you might like the info.

South Siam 4 is a bit out of our price range and, as far as I can see, South Siam 3 does not do 4 day/4 night trips.

Well, South Siam 4 is 100 U$ more than South Siam 3, as it covers not only the Similan Islands, but also Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock. A 4 day/ 3 night trip is 575 U$ on South Siam 4 or 475 U$ on South Siam 3 (local prices are in Baht, these are approximate dollar prices).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom